Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hijacked Photo on Ebay

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hijacked Photo on Ebay
    Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 12:20pm
3-48's kindly informed me a photo of my jeep was taken to sell soft tops made in India Shocked My top is a JPet made quality product and permission was not granted.. Looks like another JEEP in this add was used that also looks familiar.

Could this be an issue? Any advise out there? Thank you in advance.

Edit - Message sent to both the seller and Ebay requesting removal of photo. Not sure if there is much more I can do...

Edited by ggordon49 - 23 Feb. 2024 at 12:47pm
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 1:38pm
Not much more you can do. Ebay will likely rectify the fraudulent use of the photo. 

When Matt Fox was still running QTM I noticed some outfit from India had stolen a photo of a quality gauge set he carried and used it on their listing to try to sell poor quality gages for $30 a set. The fools had even left the QTM card Matt used to identify his products in the photo. I told Matt about it and he contacted Ebay and the matter was resolved.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 1:58pm
eBay tends to be pretty good at rectifying this type of issue when notified. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 2:10pm
Please be aware that the offender also opened an account on the CJ2A page as GISTORE.

I've only seen him make one post, and it was for tops and other  items such as knock off PTO's.

I blocked that post immediately.

The name of his business is Great Indian Store.

Edited by Joe Friday - 23 Feb. 2024 at 2:20pm
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 3:43pm
If the photo is linked to somewhere that is hosted and controlled by you you can change the photo that that link goes to. I had someone steal one of my photos by linking to it. I changed it to a photo of my Bum hole. It got taken down VERY QUICKLY LOL
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 4:33pm
I am generally suspicious of folks who take pictures of their "bung hole", but I still think it was funny as heck.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by Oldpappy Oldpappy wrote:

I am generally suspicious of folks who take pictures of their "bung hole", but I still think it was funny as heck.

...Aaand they all moved away from [him] there on the bench...

(veiled Alice's restaurant reference for those born after about 1975 LOL)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 7:14pm
now is bum hole same as bung hole? LOL
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 7:28pm
I tried to PG it up for you sensitive typesi
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 7:29pm
And don't make fun of the guys on the Group W bench.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
ggordon49 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ggordon49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 7:39pm
Good stuff!! I appreciate the humor, made me laugh too
- Don't Let The Fatherless Ones Grind You Down -
- I like them stock, survivor's with original paint are my favorites -
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 8:29pm
Originally posted by Mark W. Mark W. wrote:

And don't make fun of the guys on the Group W bench.

Ha!  Never...
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
calndrman View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calndrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 8:54pm
The bottom photo on the eBay post is mt Jeep. Jpet made my top as well. I have asked the seller to remove and have notified eBay. 
Bruce
1949 2A
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 11:17pm
Mark, was the picture an 8x10 glossy with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one?

I ate at Alices Restaurant serveral times. Their Pot Roast was good, although the place smelled like roast pot.
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Feb. 2024 at 11:36pm
You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant, but if you want something different you have to go to Texas.

calndrman View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote calndrman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2024 at 12:33am
I received this response from the Great Indian Store about posting a picture of my Jeep without my permission: 

Thanks for highlighting,As shared the picture was shared by our customer for whom we made this top 
We have no bad intention of any kind.
We have made changes to the images ,Hope it will suffice
We do make very dood foft tops,Cushions,Floor mats etc for jeep ,Let us know if you need anything we will offer you no profit cost 

Thanks
Team Gi Store

I let them know in no uncertain terms that I have never been a customer and have never given them permission to use the photo. In spite of what their reply stated, my Jeep photo is still on their eBay advertising. 

I also notified eBay of the deception.I have not yet heard from eBay but their auto reply message assured me they would check out the situation.  Time will tell. 
Bruce
1949 2A
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2024 at 1:31am
I just went through a scam deal on an Ebay purchase. After several inquiries to the seller went unanswered I opened a case with Ebay and immediately got a message that the item had shipped and got a tracking number. Tracking first showed the item was shipped 2/16/2023, which soon changed to a shipping date of 2/06/23, then soon showed it was delivered 2/8/2023 by UPS. The scammer has somehow been able to produce bogus UPS tracking as I noticed 8 other negative feedbacks describing the same scenario. I opened a claim with UPS, then asked Ebay to step in and immediately got a full refund with a statement from Ebay that the tracking was invalid. 

Noticed today that the same seller is still active and their feedback score is on a rebound due to a series of very positive feedback ratings I suspect are also bogus BS generated by the seller.

Just like we see scammers constantly joining the forum, they are getting to be like flies around an outhouse.

My questions is: What is a  "very dood foft top" ???
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Feb. 2024 at 2:53am
The local classic rock station KGON plays Alice's Restaurant twice every Thanksgiving. I of course have Arlo Guthrie's album in my LP collection.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>