Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HOLLEY SNIPER EFI

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HOLLEY SNIPER EFI
    Posted: 04 Oct. 2021 at 8:36pm
Anyone ever look into one of these?

1bbl Holley Sniper EFI system

550-552 Holley Sniper EFI Autolite 1100
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct. 2021 at 12:09pm
Hi ya Jim !

I would have thought someone would have chimed in by now saying "yes" they are good.    hmmm

Have you found a local welder yet ?
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2021 at 1:01pm
Not surprised by the lack of response to your question, most folks here are satisfied with just using a carburetor. There are a handful of projects here on the page with EFI (mine included), but most are utilizing older GM throttle body components. There are kits for the L and F134s.

I don't have any experience using the Holley system, sorry. 
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2021 at 3:57pm
Probably a great setup, a co-worker is adding a 4 barrel version of this to a Mopar 440, looked pretty slick to me

Lee😉
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct. 2021 at 9:04pm
I've had 2 of these on order since January. The shipping date gets pushed back every single month.
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2021 at 8:10am
Originally posted by Nick_ Nick_ wrote:

I've had 2 of these on order since January. The shipping date gets pushed back every single month.

Interesting, are these new to the market ?, my co-worker ordered his 4 barrel model Saturday and it was on his doorstep yesterday, but then they are probably more in demand than a single unit I guess ?…

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2021 at 8:32am
I talked to Holley at length about the unit. It is an all self contained unit. The way I understand it, it just needs an O2 sensor. That’s it. It is more efficient if you have a tach signal but it’s not necessary to run. You tell the computer what size you motor is and from there on out it is self tuning. You can even use a point ignition if you want.

Down side: you can’t buy parts for it. The IAC, TPS, MAP are all integrated into the throttle body. If you have a failure, you replace the entire throttle body. This being the case, you either need to buy 2 units, or you need to have a backup carb ready to go. You can’t just buy a backup throttle body. You have to buy the entire kit. The other down side is that it appears availability is a problem. At least in these times.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct. 2021 at 3:04pm
Perhaps that will change in time, looks like a slick option if spares were availible.

Lee
               LEE
49 2A
67 M715
windyhill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote windyhill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Oct. 2021 at 6:04pm
Not the same brand, I used the Summit racing version and it was the bigger version which  I  used for my 225 buick v6, but similar concept.  It works well.   

Edited by windyhill - 18 Oct. 2021 at 6:13pm
'48 CJ2A
'53 CJ3B
'59 CJ6
'65 CJ5
'67 CJ5
 Post Reply Post Reply