Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"Hood" for the dash light

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2006 at 3:11pm
i'm sending him one of mine. if yours is better he's welcome to take it. up to him.
X007925 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X007925 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Dec. 2006 at 3:32pm
One will do. I assume both are good enough to deflect the light down. I'm not a 100% accurate restoration as the body is a repli-tub. Thanks
Rich

47 sn 140278 on road

47 junker w/f-head sn 119281

48 project sn 210391
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Dec. 2006 at 5:11pm
1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
junker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote junker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec. 2006 at 6:18pm
mailed today should arrive in a few days.
jefisch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jefisch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec. 2006 at 3:28pm
I'd like to get at the end of the line if there are any left.

Jim
fisch

We have met the enemy and he is us!

#53500 (aka 194738)
http://picasaweb.google.com/swampfisch
Odd Fire Six View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Odd Fire Six Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2006 at 11:15am
Originally posted by Cammer Cammer wrote:

Originally posted by westforkboyd westforkboyd wrote:

When I go for midnight rides through the woods that little dash light about blinded me ruined my night vision so I'd unsrew the bulb. Finally found an original on e-bay for eight bucks the guy even bead blasted and primed it for me Big%20smile. But before I got it I used the clip on shade from those cheap nightlights fit perfect and worked fine. Looked kinda funny but function ruled over vanity. Those little buggers are hard to find. Many are missing the inside strap and are split. 

What's nice about the earlier 2a jeeps is that little tiny switch under the left edge of the dash.  Just turn off the light when you don't want it.

But what is this strap you mention?  I don't remember seeing anything that would be described as a strap.  Perhaps they were always missing....   Wink

Is that what that little switch is for. when I got the jeep no wires were hooked to it.
I'd Rather Be Riding Than Pushing
Pat T. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2006 at 1:26pm
If everybody that wanted a hood for the dash light got one and their is any left, I would also like one. Mine is crack and tried to fix it but couldn't find anything that would hold the piece together. Thanks Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12