Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2015 at 12:32pm
Will hopefully be going to Hueston woods if I can figure out this flywheel starter problem!!!!
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 10:39pm
I got you a pulley for $10
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2015 at 11:20pm
I accidentally came across a WWII reenactment right in my town this Saturday. There were some g503 members I got to meet, and even got a ride around the camps in a slat grille! I'm definitely going to do some events when my Jeep is finished.

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2015 at 3:14pm
It may be the starter bushing in the bell housing if your is giving you the same problem I went through. I finally figured it out and found that the PO didn’t have  a bushing in it and the hole was wallered out. I got a local machine shop to cut me a new bronze bushing and I mixed some MarineTex to pack around it. The repair has lasted more than a year and in the interim one of the good-guys from the page found me a good bell housing, which I now need to install. Haven’t done it cause far as I know you have to pull the motor and figure the gearbox might as well come with it since apparently the PO did not “go through it” since apparently the front seal is leaking gear oil. Of course the clutch would also have to be inspected and receive some much deserved preventive care.

The only other thing that caused perhaps part of my starter woes was the fact that the 12v conversion still needed an in-line resister so the starter wouldn’t get the full 12v ram when you turn the key. Don’t remember if you did a 12v conversion or not.

Good luck with it, hoping you can get it there but if not just ride with Jim and take the 3a. Hope you don’t have to miss it. I’m not going to be able to make it, PoP ain’t doing so hot right now and I’m really staying close so I’m counting on you guys to give the tour. Many pictures guys!

Edited by BENSH - 18 May 2015 at 3:16pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 1:54am
Bensh are you going to heuston woods? Got the jeep done and it starts great with the 12 voly starter.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 2:45am
That’s great news on the 12v starter. Did you put a resister on it from the switch to the cylenoid? I had troubles with my starter till I did. Had to exchange the core and get a winding rated for 12v then still had to put the resister in and haven’t had any problems with it since.

Wish I could make it over and get with you guys at Hueston Woods. Was going to rent a cabin and take dad over for the weekend but things aren’t going to well right now.

Let me know how things go over there, what you guys all get to do and if the Hoosiers make a good showing. Maybe you’ll meet some newbies for our next convoy.

Edited by BENSH - 20 May 2015 at 4:49pm
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2015 at 11:41am
I'm sorry to hear about your dad, you gotta be a tough son ofa gun to live so long haha.  I bought an aftermarket 12 volt starter, it is hooked up to a ford starter relay.  I'll just be going there for one day probably on saturday.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep. 2015 at 11:26am
Get It Together Hoosiers!
2015 Fall Colors Tour coming up October 24th. with 0900hrs formation at Johnson County Park, Camp Atterbury grounds. I believe “67 Charger" is riding point so PM Andy with questions.

The park has a camp ground, and Motels nearby I65 Edinburgh exit.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Robbie K. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robbie K. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2015 at 6:47pm
Hello, My name is Robbie. I live in Greenwood, IN and recently bought a CJ6. I saw your event on the 24th and if in town, would like to attend. If only to meet and talk to folks about restoring my CJ6. 
Thanks.
(having difficulties figuring out how to post pictures)
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Oct. 2015 at 6:58pm
Hey there Robbie, my friend lives in Greenwood too.  Here is a link to the Hoosier Fall colors tour information if you haven't seen that topic yet. 

http://thecj2apage.com/forums/hoosier-flat-fender-fall-colors-tour-10-24-15_topic35972.html

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Oct. 2015 at 10:51pm
Calling All Hoosiers: Just a few minutes ago I sent out a mailing/contact list. If you did not receive this in you eMail, I don’t have it. If you want on the list PM me with your eMail & phone, I’ll add your to the list and send you an updated copy with your info. In a week or so I’ll send out an updated list to all. I’ll try not to loose stuff this time but I’m not to good at this stuff so please be patient.

** Nick Oxender has volunteered to serve as adjutant for our “club” HoosiersIn.Willys so he will keep       up the contact/mailing list.  If you have any changes, additions or corrections please eMail them to him     or use the PM option of <the2apage.com>   Contact Nick at: nickmoxender@gmail.com
    Anything I receive from here on will be sent to him to deal with.

Future event notifications will be handled by Nick, he will basically be our communications guy unless       of course you are setting up a private event on your own.

Edited by BENSH - 28 Oct. 2015 at 1:32am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2015 at 2:21am
Levi has set up a FB page for HoosiersIn.Willys at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1514598412193299/ 
    1945 CJ2a 11495
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2015 at 2:31am
Sounds great! I think the name should he HoosierWillys, it has a good flow to it.

The Facebook group is a great idea, the atv ones I'm a part of have been doing well. Levi if you have any questions/problems, feel free to ask me for help as I run a business page and have figured it out. It is possible to have multiple people in control of the page as well.

This is good stuff!
jeepcraig View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepcraig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct. 2015 at 3:17am
Well nick since your an "official " so to speak and have experience I'll add you as an administrator.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov. 2015 at 7:46am
HoosierWillys jeep club meeting to be held 11/14 1400hrs (2:00pm) at Johnson County Park Shelter, Camp Atterbury. Hopefully bon fire to keep warm and cook your dogs over. It’s all BYO so bring what you like. Gonna just shoot the bull about the club, how formal or informal it will be, structure, organization, officers, communications, etc.

So far 67Charger (Andy has volunteered to serve as navigator. With his GPS knowledge he can plan or help with convoy routes, Nick is tracking membership, eMailing stuff as adjutant, and Levi is helping with communications via the FB page he set up.

Some think that is all we need, some think we should have a president, perhaps north, south & central captains to coordinate things in their area and make sure members in their region are included.

Not planning a “ride” so drive whatever you want. There should be time to make a run over to the POW Chapel and walk the static display on Hospital Road if you have never had a chance to see that.

Don’t mean to step on toes but a friend suggested we get this out ASAP, and as chief bottle washer and resident...

See Ya.

Edited by BENSH - 06 Nov. 2015 at 7:48am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 6:08am
Just a quick note to my friends, those who have rode with us in the past and who will do so in the future.
If you have been to the house as several have, enjoyed the fellowship and my dads tall but accurate WWII stories I sadly tell you that he has passed on (6/30) to be with my mom and brother in the home of one that makes life meaningful.

Guess I’m struggling with how and what to say but wanted you to know that he always enjoyed and welcomed you visits.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
67charger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 11:37am
Well I always enjoyed visiting with him too.  I think every time I would come over to your house he would be working in the garage.  Sorry to hear about your loss.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 July 2016 at 8:10pm
Russ, You have my deepest sympathy. I am sure that he has left you with a lot of precious memories. We all will miss him and have you in our prayers as you adjust to the void place this will be in your life.

I haven't been on the computer for the last couple of weeks, sorry for this late response.

Jim    
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>