Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hoosiers

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 67charger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2017 at 1:00pm
I'll be there unless I'm in Glacier National Park.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2017 at 3:46pm
Sounds great to me. Last Saturday I went down to the barn to see if Ranch Hand would fire up after sitting for a couple of months and was amazed it started on its own. These 6 volt jeeps are amazing.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Nick_ View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nick_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2017 at 7:07pm
Would love to come if I wasn't racing in New York. The show last year was wonderful, and I was looking forward to this year.

There's a ton of beautiful roads to drive around near Columbus. Yellowwood State Forest, Brown County, Monroe, etc. If it rains you might even get a little muddy!

BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Apr. 2017 at 9:42pm
Hey Hoosiers, anyone else out there passing out posters or flyers for the Spring Reunion coming to Columbus the end of May. Unless I hear it’s covered already I’m going to drive a poster and a few tri-fold registration flyers to The Badlands/Attica tomorrow. Please let me know if someone has already gotten material to them. I may try to run down to Interlake Saturday with same. At least that will get some word out at a facility north and south. Some of Marion County, all of Johnson and Bartholomew are covered as well with a single page flyer in about all the auto parts stores and a few other places. Barry got a nice article in the Columbus paper, The Republic.

Been trying to make a list of off road parks available in our area and have come up with the following:
1. Badlands (private) near Attica, In <http://badlandsoffroad.com>
3. Haspin Acres (private) Laurel, In <http://www.haspinacres.com/plan-your-visit/rules-3/>
4. Dirty Turtle (private) Bedford, Ky (45 mkin from Cincinnati or an hour from Louisville)<http://dirtyturtleoffroad.com
5. Redbird (DNR) near Linton, In <http://www.in.gov/dnr/outdoor/4225.htm>

If I’m missing any areas please let me/us know so we can help each other out. PM me with details and I’ll add to this list, or just keep the thread going as you wish. Seems like Nick used to talk about a place just north of him, across the Mich. state line - but slept much since then...

UPDATE: Posters & registration forms were delivered to Badlands & Interlake today. While at the DNR property met the facility supervisor and she also oversees Redbird and will share materials at both facilities. They have Kiosks on the grounds next to the shelters & restrooms and the items will be added to these public information displays for all to see. If anyone traveling to or near the other locations and can get a poster to them please let me know and we can meet up, or I’ll just mail them if I have not heard from anyone by 4/22.

I took a few photos at Interlake (10) and will try to post with this so maybe you can get some idea of the setting, but of course I couldn’t get a real good representation of what is there since I was in the car and didn’t think I should run the trails, kind of wooly, and apparently some muddy areas, along with many lakes. They don’t have a campground yet but staff says it is in the future. This place is HUGE! If you look at Google Earth you can see it very well, just a bit east and north or Lynnville.
One thing was noticeable to me, No Jeeps. Their might have been some out on the trails, and some of the trailers in the lot looked to be set uo for hauling them, but I did not see a one.
One other worthwhile note: while there I learned that your annual state park pass is also good at the state off-road parks, I don’t think they make that to clear up front. But when I produced my 2016 pass with the DAV sticker I was able to renew it. The pass normally costs $50.00 but the DAV pass is half price so if you have your VA Letter Of Ratings with you indicating 100% Service Connected you can save even more. Would pay for itself pretty fast!

Edited by BENSH - 17 Apr. 2017 at 5:12am
    1945 CJ2a 11495
cjbilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cjbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr. 2017 at 9:06pm
Hueston Woods is a state park located outside Oxford, Ohio. No off-road park located on this property. http://parks.ohiodnr.gov/huestonwoods
1984 CJ7
1946 CJ2A- Supersonic motor
1948 CJ2A- Ramsey DP-1 shifter,PTO,front Ramsey MX200-R winch, Newgren lift
1955 Sears Trailer
1955 CJ5- PTO/belt drive,farm weight
1954 CJ3B- trencher,front blade
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2017 at 5:15am
Thanks for the info cjbilly, I took them off the list.
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2017 at 3:51am
Saturday at “The Suds”
In case you haven’t heard, are interested in meeting or just in the area, the Dog & Suds in Greenwood draws quite a crowd Saturday afternoons as a wide variety of vehicles park, parade, and cruise in general just like the good old days. I think there are people grabbing spaces early as 2:00 or 3:00 just so they don’t miss anything or just to get a good spot. I went up last Saturday about 6:00 and there was a crowd, 50 Reunion flyers to pass around was not enough!

New trend apparently developing this year is a gathering of jeeps apparently trying to establish their own turf north of The Suds in the small gravel lot. Saw a couple 2a’s roll by and talked to the group of mostly what looked like TJ owners, couple of 4X4 Truckers.

Think most must clear out by dark but it worth checking out, and the root beer floats are still great!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2017 at 4:39am
Anyone going to Hueston Woods June 2nd & 3rd?
    1945 CJ2a 11495
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345