Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

horn brush plate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: horn brush plate
    Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:37pm
was there ever a gasket for the horn brush plate? if not must be i have to grind down the contact to make it lay flush with outer steering column, i tried to install with a home made gasket but still broke the plastic insulator while tightening it down, ordered first one that broke from kaiser, ordered 2nd one from walcks, will grind down.
please let me know if anyone else has ran across prob. thanks
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 1:47pm
Pictures of what you are dealing with would help. 
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 2:46pm
I have never used a repro so can't comment on that but the originals don't use a gasket.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

vidaliaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 3:59pm
vidaliaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep. 2018 at 4:01pm
with the brush point fully seated within the hex insulator it still extends too low to tighten plate down completely, as you can see the plastic insulator is broken, this is from tightening down plate
 Post Reply Post Reply