Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Suggestions and Comments for the CJ2A website
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How about a recommended Vendor Listing?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How about a recommended Vendor Listing?
    Posted: 20 May 2006 at 7:30am

It seems like everyone who gets a new Jeep always wants to know where to get parts.. Perhaps we could have a sticky post listing all the jeep parts suppliers with contact info?  Or maybe you could contact the parts suppliers for a deluxe listing with links, pictures, etc, which would actually pay a little for advertising?

Just a thought.

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Joe Frazer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Frazer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2009 at 3:29am
Seems like having one place where folks could turn for a quick reference for parts they might need and the suppliers we all generally turn to when we need them would be a super idea - and a Handy one as well!

Breaking out some topics/ideas like this and the one recently done for the Bantam Trailers seems to be one of the things that makes this site such a good one....

Go for it!
Collecting any/all Kaiser/Frazer/JEEP literature/handouts/toys etc.
46 CJ2A
50 Jeepster
51 Pick-up
54 Willys Aero Hardtop
54 Kaiser Willys Darrin
56 Wagon
56 Factory Proto-type FC 170 Truck
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2009 at 4:02am
If you go to the bottom of the home page (click on the green jeep), there is a "links" button. If you click on it there's a list of suppliers. Various members like different vendors (sometimes) it all depends on personal experiences with them. There are a couple that I won't even consider due to "circumstances" but other members have a very good relationship with the same vendors. I wouldn't speak badly about a vendor, I express my displeasure by not buying from them. 
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
F Bill View Drop Down

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2009 at 3:08pm
Note the date of my initial post....seems like only yesterday. I have been thinking lately that there is a need for some sticky posts..(can we even do sticky posts here/?) or even a section on "I bought a jeep, now what??"  for topics like......WHere to start?( DOCUMENT  AND PHOTOGRAPH)  ....Where to get parts? PARTS SUPPLIERS LIST, to keep peace no place for opinions..)   What year is my jeep?  SERIAL NUMBER LIST>>)Are there any special parts in my jeep???KEYED COILS< SOLID RIMS< ETC>>)and how to sections...(John Barton's rebuilding guides..)

We could even get into a common mod. question section..(What tires fit stock??) What's an F head?  How about overdrives?? How do I make a MB grille fit to do reenacting??Are there any mod's I shouldn't do? (Modify your sold rims for spinners, for instance...lol)

We have an incredible resource, both the page itself and the talent and knowlege gathered here. It would be a shame to lose some of the information simply because certain members move on to other interests....(For example, John Barton recently posted he was working on his last jeep and he seems to be selling off everything jeep related.......If his engine posts disappear it means a tremendous loss to folks who never rebuilt a flathead. )

Just thinking out loud on a Sunday morning.....fire away!

If you haven't checked out the tech FAQ section, go to:
http://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/tech-faq_forum57.html
for a lot of great stuff you need to know!!

Post Reply Post Reply