Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How Do You Transport JP and TC?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How Do You Transport JP and TC?
    Posted: 04 May 2009 at 9:50pm
Ok, I think I am going to break down and buy a trailer to haul my Jeep and Bantam.  I have been borrowing trailers for a few years and it is time to make the plunge.  In the last few years I have tried all combinations to get them both on a 16' trailer.  I am going to buy an 18' or 20' trailer. But before I do, I thought I would ask what some of you do, I am always amazed by the ingenuity on this board, so tell me how, or post a picture of how you haul them together. Also, anyone know of one for sale?

Thanks,Doug
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2009 at 10:33pm
Doug,

I won't have a picture until next week. I always forget to take one loaded. My Father-In-Law has a 20'r and I used it last year for the Spring Reunion. I dropped the tongue to the floor and backed it over the front stop putting the tires against the stop. I backed the 2A over the tongue leaving enough clearance not to rub.
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Doug Timme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:55am
What I usually end up doing is backing the CJ on to the trailer, all the way to the front.  Then I put the landing leg of the TC in the up position and slide it under the front bumber of the Jeep.  This usually works, but leaves the end of the TC hanging out in the breeze, plus it is hard to tie them down when they are both at the very ends of the trailer.  One trailer that I borrow has the axles further back than the other trailer I use, and I also end up with too much tongue weight.  If I spend the money to get my own, I dont really want too many compromises. 
Doug
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 2:15am
Well, I would get the 20 ft as you can haul 2 jeeps if needed as I do often.......Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2009 at 1:58pm
Two Jeeps, thats a scary thought, I would need a thirty foot trailer, because I would never be able to make up my mind on which one to take and which one to leave behindConfused

Doug

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:55pm
Well, I figured it out, not exactly creative, but the problem is solved for this weekend and all the following weekends.  In the end I used one of the most important tools a Jeep guy has....The check bookWink  Cincy, here we come.  Click on the link.
Doug

samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 8:59pm
Nice!
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
westforkboyd View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote westforkboyd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2009 at 9:54pm
Doug

Looks great. You're gonna love it! That checkbook tool ought to be about worn out already though.
Hope to see you in the fall.

WFB
'48 CJ-2A #184135 Lefty
'49 CJ-2A #219719 Mule
'39 Ford 9N
'55 Oliver Super 55 Ollybelle
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 12:45am
Ya done big son, you done good!!!........now, lemme hold that checkbook for you. Cool

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 1:44am
Wow, thats what I want but just can't pull the trigger! Is that a 20'fter?
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
tony View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:35am
Look at it this way, when your not hauling its a nice garage Thumbs Up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:01am
Yup, twenty feet.  Still not quite long enough, but I dare not go any bigger without upgrading the tow vehicle.  I also just created a major project in getting it behind the house.  I will have to do some dirt work, take out a tree, fence, and extend the driveway and make a pad to park it on.  That will have to wait untill I finish school.  Hopefully, I can keep the local busy bodies at bay for a while.  If I cant, it will BARELY fit in the garage if it needs to.  It is a really nice trailer.  I was looking at open trailers at first, and I decided to buy an aluminim one due to the rapid deteriation of steel trailers.  When considering the price of aluminum trailers, I thought about stepping up to an enclosed.  the ones in my price range seemed poorly constructed.  I put the word out that I was looking for one, and a freind of a freind had this one, it is less than a year old, only used four times.  It is a much better trailer than I was looking at, with a few extras already there, plus the guy threw in his anti sway kit, and load leveling hitch set up.  I got a lot more trailer for what I was willing to spend.  Now I just need to figure out a place to put it, and how to keep it secret from the in lawsWink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 6:06am
You can have the check book, I have just about done it inLOL
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

Ya done big son, you done good!!!........now, lemme hold that checkbook for you. Cool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:28pm
Allen, it wont be the same without you, see ya in the fall. ( I mean that in a good way)Big smile

Doug
Originally posted by westforkboyd westforkboyd wrote:

Doug

Looks great. You're gonna love it! That checkbook tool ought to be about worn out already though.

WFB
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:33pm
Originally posted by Doug Timme Doug Timme wrote:

Allen, it wont be the same without you, see ya in the fall. ( I mean that in a good way)Big smile

Doug
Originally posted by westforkboyd westforkboyd wrote:

Doug

WFB
That's right - what will we do for free wine and good cheer? ClapCry
Sam

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 2:46pm

Now I just need to figure out a place to put it, and how to keep it secret from the in lawsWink

Why? Do they have jeeps too? LOL Wink
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 3:06pm

Now I just need to figure out a place to put it, and how to keep it secret from the in lawsWink

No, they need a place to live. LOL
Sam

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Timme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2009 at 4:07pm
No, no Jeeps. That would be OK.  They just cant grasp that I like to keep my stuff nice. My in laws are "If it dont fit, make it fit" types.  There is nothing that my father in law cant "Fix" with a screwdriver, hammer, and pliers.Confused  No, with them it would be "Hey, I just bought a load of rock, can you hook up and come over and save me a ten dollar dilivery charge?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>