Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Testing and Support for the forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How to add a picture to a post.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2010 at 10:38am
I know you're frustrated but actually the ability to post pictures here by just dragging them from your own storage without having to use an off site host is a MUCH better and more convienient way to post pictures to me.......I hate having to use host sites for picture storage.

Once somebody walks you through it, you'll see the difference.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2010 at 1:30pm
I haven't read through this entire thread (maybe I should) but if you are using the picture posting feature here I notice that everytime I add a new photo there is a "list" that shows up on the left side of the window that has all the photos I have ever posted here. Is there a way to delete a photo off the list that isn't used anymore say for instance a pic of a part  shown in the "for sale" area?
I don't intend to delete a photo from a thread in other areas since I know people might see a thread that was posted 2 or 3 years in the past and probably like me would be aggravated to see that the picture they were hoping to see is now just a red "x" in a box. I guess this aggravation comes from people who use an off site photo hosting site (?).
Just asking because I sold the distributors I listed a few weeks ago and when I tried to go and delete the photos I couldn't figure how to get them off the "list" so I just cut them out of the thread.
If the "list" is of no consequence to overloading a storage area for pics on this site then I guess the point is moot.
Once again, just asking because I am a member of another forum where they expect you to manage your "attachments" and regularly clean out your personal photo storage area you are alloted on that site.

Confused
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
samcj2a View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2010 at 1:42pm
The pictures in that list do consume space here whether or not displayed in a post.  You are correct to not delete a photo that is used in a thread.

To delete a picture or any other file in the list, go to Member Control Panel, then select File Manager, and the list of files will be displayed.  Select the file you want to delete, and confirm that it is the correct file by looking at the preview to the right.  If so, click on Delete file while the file you want to delete is selected.
Sam

1946 CJ2A   15292 ACM    6678

1947 CJ2A 122031 ACM 111989

Are Glass Bowl Fuel Pumps OE?
Longhunter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2010 at 2:57pm

Thanks for the direction Sam!

Mike
Mike in Mississippi
2006 Jeep Rubicon
1946 CJ2a #49667
1946 Bantam T3-C #7909
1 UNDERSTANDING Wife

"2 wrongs don't make a right but 3 rights will make a left".... Gallagher
Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr. 2010 at 3:04pm
Originally posted by brokinluck brokinluck wrote:

And why cant we have a normal way to post pictures,this site has to be the hardest Ive ever found to get a pic up.The rest of the Site is a God Send but the picture thing is a bit nasty to work with. 
Ouch

what web page are you using if any to keep your photos on? i use photobucket.com , here is a link to my album. click on it and select a photo. there will be a drop down menu. select direct link copy it and then open the 2apage back up.

http://s85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/mike_gardner/willys/

when you select reply to post you will have the message box in front of you. on top of that box you will see a few icons. select the box that looks as if there is a small tree inside of it. in the upper right hand side of the photo window you will see a bar that has a http//, delete it then paste the photobucket link in that bar. click somewhere else in that window box outside of the link you just posted to confirm it and click "ok" . done
over all i cant think of a web page or message board that doesn't use this type of photo posting. some use the [img] [img/] but it is still mostly the same process. good luck hope to see you posting some photos soon.

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
nashdog View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2011 at 8:17pm

...Confused can't seem to get bigger version of this posted...  I got this one on by just cut/pasting it from where it showed in the preview box, but too computer dumb to figure out a better way...Embarrassed

Edited by nashdog - 11 Aug. 2011 at 9:14pm
insured by HK
nashdog View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2011 at 1:19am
insured by HK
nashdog View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nashdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Aug. 2011 at 1:24am
JohnnyBravo!  I think I'm starting to get the hang of this, thanks to that post of yours!  (then again, it was probably just dumb luck!LOL)  Either way, I finally got a pic up on the board--a full-sized pic, that is...

M

Edited by nashdog - 12 Aug. 2011 at 3:08am
insured by HK
tbssic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbssic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2011 at 1:05am
TEST

Wurley Rancid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wurley Rancid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2012 at 12:28am
TEST POST
"Most of my money I spent on hunting, fishing, drinking and Willys jeeps. The rest I wasted."   BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER OF THE NRA
otto View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote otto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb. 2012 at 1:43am
Test photo:
47 CJ2A w/fuel injected boat engine
48 CJ2A
64 Ford Econoline Travelwagon
If you can't get there in a Jeep, get a motorcycle!
oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2013 at 4:19am
this will be amazing if it works
I wish I could remember how I did it
T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
tbssic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tbssic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar. 2013 at 1:17pm

Tani Lall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tani Lall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug. 2013 at 3:42am
Hi,
is this Luzon Red??
Coyote.............a cowboy's work is never done
Chip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2014 at 2:58pm
85jeepcj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 85jeepcj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jan. 2023 at 7:23pm
Test
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678