Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hubs for new tires

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bburn102 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hubs for new tires
    Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 3:12am
Looking for some hubs and tubes for some new tires. Thought id give it a shot here on the page. Pm me if anyone has some laying around they looking to get rid of. Looking for 5. Thanks.
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 3:42pm
Welcome to the Forum. What you are looking for isn't hubs...you are looking for rims.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 4:30pm
Perhaps he meant flabs and tubes? I get my flaps and  tubes from Summit racing. They are agricultural applications.

Don't need flaps unless running 2piece wheel combat wheels without beadlock spacers.
WeeWilly View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 4:31pm

The last tubes I bought was from Classic Military Vehicles (CMV store) on ebay. You have to be careful going there because you might find some other goodies to good to pass up. 

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 7:43pm
I bought my last set of tubes from CMV, they were good tubes and he points out they are highway rated, but I have used agricultural tubes from the local CoOP in the past and never had any problems with them. 

I went with CMV this time mainly because his price was better than any I could find, and I have bought other stuff from him in the past which was good quality. 
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 8:38pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

Welcome to the Forum. What you are looking for isn't hubs...you are looking for rims.

Or wheels. Rims=wheels.
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2020 at 9:37pm
It’s certainly true that there exist no organization which has ever standardized automotive terms across the board.
That said the best we can do here is to use the exact same terms as were used by Willys Overland, Willys Motors and Kaiser Jeep Corporation.
In this case a “wheel” is the most correct term. 
The rim and the disc are the 2 main parts of the typical KH wheel assembly.
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

Post Reply Post Reply