Forum Home Forum Home > Bantam Trailer - Discussion - For Sale - Wanted > Bantam Trailer - Your project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I Just bought a Bantam TC-3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Just bought a Bantam TC-3
    Posted: 22 July 2012 at 5:53pm
Hello everyone, I just bought a bantam tc3 and i haven't got a clue were to start restoring it. I have a low budget so i want to do it the cheapest way possible.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:00pm
under neither the trailer is a yellowish color. The outside body was repainted green from the previous owner. The paint under the green also looks like a yellowish color
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:06pm
here are more pics.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:06pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:07pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:08pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:37pm
today i cleaned up it to see were the rust was. You can see in the picture were the previous owner had plywood bolted across the floor in two places with some kind of brackets to apparently strap something down. I removed the plywood and brackets today.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:42pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:46pm
I think i may be able to save the floor. It looks like it need a few tack welds, sanding and painting. I will try that first.  If I can find a place were they sell new trailer floors and a resalable price , then i might take that route.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 6:53pm
Underneath  looks to be painted yellow. I don't know if they came in yellow. I think they were green or red. Here is a picture of the bottom.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:43pm
I pulled off the wheels to check the wheel bearings. Surprisingly they were fine.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:43pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:45pm
Here is the pic of the wheel bearing hub and axle.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2012 at 11:46pm
Tomorrow i am going to sand down the trailer bed. I will post pic when done sanding.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:08pm
I sanded the inside of the bed. I used 80 grit sandpaper. I caulked the edges and sealed the rust with spray sealer. I am 1/4 of the way done the bed as you can see in the pictures.
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:13pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:18pm
lpajamas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lpajamas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2012 at 10:21pm
There is nothing I can do about the pit marks in the metal. I dont want to use bondo body filler because that stuff falls out in about a year. I will post pics after I paint the inside of the bed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>