Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I promised

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I promised
    Posted: 30 Mar. 2019 at 3:11pm
The conversation started with, when are you going to start working on my vanity.  To which I replied, as soon as I get the new running gear in the Jeep. Her, last year when you bought that Jeep you said you would build my vanity in the fall when it started raining. Yes I did, but then the Jeep needed a new motor. You told me you would do it when you got the motor done. Yes I did, but then the Jeep needed a heater. Well the Jeep has a heater heater now and you have your table all cleared off so don’t you think now would would be a good time to start on my vanity. Yes it would be, but I have the new running gear for the Jeep in the shop. It’s in the way. I cleaned the table off so I’d have a place to pull it all apart. I need to get it all torn down and inspected so I can get the parts ordered to rebuild it all. No you need to start working on my vanity. I know that. But spring flings coming up over Memorial Day and I’d like to get at least the transmission and transfer case done before that. Well, if you hurry up and get the vanity done you might still have time to do that other stuff. 
What’s a spring fling. Well guess who won

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2019 at 3:53pm
You do what you have to do. Years ago my niece went down with cancer. My brother and his wife alternated nights in the hospital. Nothing I can do so I built her a toy chest from birds eye maple. She is in graduate school now and the chest is still in use for winter gear.
uncamonkey
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar. 2019 at 3:57pm

Mike... Too funny! You living on the edge of borrowed time would be an understatement. I'm sure many here can relate. Thanks for the chuckle.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2019 at 6:37am
Yea joe, just sharing my pain. There is a lot more to the story. A lot more. I’ll juat say that the wife has been waiting for me to build this vanity for about 4 years. However, in my defense I did spend the previous 7 years clearing the land, planning and building the house, then building all the cabinets and casework. I just needed a little 4 year break. It’s time to be an adult again. At least the vanity is more like a piece of furniture. I like building furniture. I’d be ok if I never build another cabinet. Unless it’s for the shop. If I ever get around to building it. 
Here’s one picture 

Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2019 at 7:46am
I feel your pain friend. My wife has been on me about finishing the front porch and the front of the house for something like 7 years she claims.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
WKWillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WKWillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2019 at 11:34am
That's some beautiful work!
Enjoy your next project!
John
'48 CJ2a "Snakeskin"
'50 M38 "Thunder from Heaven"
'52 M38a1 "Patina"
'47 T3c
'48 T3c
'52 M100
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2019 at 12:36pm
Mike you’re doing beautiful work,a happy wife is a happy life.Wink
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2019 at 3:41pm
Beautiful work Mike. Glad you'll be able to back in the garage Smile
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2019 at 2:38am
   Mike,
   Just like a juvenile adolescent, always pushing their boundaries. But we must hold our ground and stand firm on saving a Willys from the scrap-heap. Right !

And our new-parts orders are justified by the lack of good used pieces within an easy two-day-drive to retrieve. Oh, "honey, their is a jeep-parts sale over at that "estate-auction" and I mustn't miss out on a good bargain." "i'll get right on that new Piece of yours as soon as I get the garage cleaned-out _ _ _."

Mike, I got lucky this year so far, and only had to make a back panel for a new Patio base-cabinet that my wife drug home last month. I need a new gas tank for the '46 2A, and I got right on that cabinet the 4-days she was gone to visit her sister, and even moved it onto the patio. I'm waiting for my lunch-allowance to buy the gas tank. And we got our tax return, and I spent my $$$ on Honda Passport parts. That is another reason for me to stay on her good side, because the Passport is like a "money-pit" almost worse than the Willy's parts list.

Len
I wonder why my photos come-in rotated _ _ _ ? oh well.

The wife insists on my parts list being "public-records" and not kept a secret so there is a "justification" of expenditures.

We bought our "retirement-home" 7-years ago, and it was a Fixer-Upper with 35-years deferred maintenance, but a low-tax-base. What a chore being carpenter, electrician, plumber, concrete worker. Oh, the mechanic, he is out of town for a couple of days chasing Willy's jeep parts. :)

The Scamper !   _ _ _ a good thing he has his head-on straight.

Edited by Greaser007 - 02 Apr. 2019 at 3:00am
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr. 2019 at 3:20am
Len, I do all I can with cash and destroy the receipts. Don’t need any evidence laying around. In truth I can’t complain she’s pretty frugal.  Has put up with me for 44 years without much complaining. She did make me got rid of the boat after I fell out the third time. I figured it was cause she likes me.
Mike F View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike F Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2019 at 5:16am
Still at it. Should have been done by now but it isn’t the frame is all milled, Mortises and tenons are milled. Time to fit it up. hought some people would appreciate a sharp chisel.

One down might as well do them all so 9 to go. Then start fitting the frame together.
Got an email from Novak transmission and transfer case parts will be here tomorrow. So I need to get this thing together. 
 Post Reply Post Reply