Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ID this drawbar??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ID this drawbar??
    Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:09pm
The steps look too well done for Bubba to have had anything to do with it..
I never met a mule I didn't like!
MC51986 "OD MULE" DOD 01-52
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:14pm
Very cool.  What are your plans for it?

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:16pm
Originally posted by athawk11 athawk11 wrote:

Very cool.  What are your plans for it?

Might mount it on the 3A project, you ever seen one like it?
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:19pm
I haven't.  I'm not sure if diamond plate was available back in the day, but who ever did it made it to last.  I've been looking for a draw bar for Whitey.  It's one of those things you kinda need to find local.   They don't ship well.Smile
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:25pm
I've got another spare (w/o the steps and diagonal bracing) it's yours if you want.. I can deliver to BHR..
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:37pm
If you ever plan on rolling off a rock shelf, that thing will give you some spinal compression. 

And that tow ball base really sticks down there. That could actually hook onto a rock, or maybe even a speed bump at the mall.  Smile

Of course no sane person would ever think of taking a vintage vehicle on any rocks. Shocked

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 3:55pm
Couldn't that tow ball base be flipped over for more clearance?  I have a pintle on mine, but would like to have a tow ball like that too.  Mine is missing.
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:04pm
Sure all that's possible including a ball with a short stem.  I'm hauling a bunch of stuff to the sandblaster (this included) and just wondered if anyone had seen one w/steps before. 
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:06pm
Originally posted by smfulle smfulle wrote:

Of course no sane person would ever think of taking a vintage vehicle on any rocks. Shocked

UMMM.. You said it not me Stan..LOL
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:31pm
If there is something to get caught on, Stan purposely heads straight for it.LOL 

Rick, if you have a spare, I'll buy it from you.  Bring it!!
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
RICKG View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RICKG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:41pm

If there is something to get caught on, Stan purposely heads straight for it.LOL 

Rick, if you have a spare, I'll buy it from you.  Bring it!!

Putting your name on it this afternoon my friend!Handshake
'50 CJ3A "Bucksnort".
Keep 'em Rollin'
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:47pm

Just got this T-shirt. Wish it was a flat fender, but the sentiment seemed right.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr. 2018 at 4:54pm
That is good work! I would not call it Bubba work. It is not factory from Willys I am sure.

I have seen pictures of this kind of work on many builds. Some folks on here do real fine work. They make it better than new. Jpet & Mark W. just to name two of the many folks on here that would produce this quality or better workmanship. 

I have no idea what it was used for, but I bet it worked out well for it.

Wait a minute! If one were to take off the tailgate & turn the rear seat around, then folks could use these steps for foot rests as well as steps to get into the seat. If they had a hay trailer on behind, they could transport the workers to the field. Of course they would not drive very fast, as the loose hay would swirl into the eyes of those folks in the back seat. Unless those folks in the back seat were your younger siblings or cousins! Then, go for it!

Post Reply Post Reply