Forum Home Forum Home > Other Vehicles Area > Other Vehicles - General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Identification

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JWehlingUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identification
    Posted: 17 July 2018 at 3:30pm
So I’m buying this 1953 M38A1, I’ll attach pictures. Can anyone help me identifying what exact model it is, and possibly help me finding it’s serial number? Thanks

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 4:17pm
Welcome to the 2A page Thumbs Up... you'll likely get some decent feedback from the knowledgeable folks here-

That said, have you tried over on the willysmjeeps.com forum?

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 July 2018 at 10:42pm
Looks like a regular M38-A1, the S/N tag will be behind the passenger seat on the slanted face of the rear wheelhouse just above the floor. The body looks nice!, many mods on it like the aluminum radiator, I see no fan (?)... 12v conversion, also the springs have been moved over the Axel!... Interesting it retains many of the original parts you seldom find on an A-1, like the towing shackles on the front and the original seats!.....

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 July 2018 at 3:20am
Welcome to the page, JWehlingUSMC!

There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply