Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps > IFFC Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IFFC special announcement!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IFFC special announcement!
    Posted: 25 Jan. 2013 at 9:09pm
Dear Fellow Flat Fender Fans, IFFC patrol members,
I have taken great joy in playing with my old jeeps.  I really enjoy both the jeeps and their owners around the globe.  When I worked with a few great Colorado jeep guys and gals a number of years ago to start the CFFC, I had no idea how big this was going to get.  Now we have the IFFC (International Flat Fender Club) with members from every corner of the world.

I wish I had more time to spend on working the IFFC to make it the best.  I just don't have much time.  My job sends me to remote places where I work for days or weeks without much internet, phone, or sometimes a smoke signal would be fine!

So, I have been looking for help in getting the club going.  Many good folks have started patrols.  They have held events that are awsome!  I wish I was retired and could travel from one patrol event to another.  I want to thank all of these good folks.  You guys are the heart of the hobby.
We even now have a website and facebook page.  Many thanks to our IT guy who is currently renting a new house while building a home and has managed to keep us alive on the internet with all that going on.

One other person has stepped up and really shown how much of a jeep junky he is.  That is Scott, otherwise known as Haines Garage.  I have asked Scott to be the new Vice President of the IFFC.  He has rallied the troops and helped to form several new patrols.  So, please welcome Scott to his new position as second in command, Assistant to the Grand Poobah, or just hard working IFFC slave.  What ever you call it, I think Scott's great enthusiasim will help the IFFC get some of the things it has wanted to do, DONE!

We still wanted IFFC stickers, Patrol stickers, T shirts, Sweat shirts, Hats. 
We want a patrol covering every part of the world.  If we can change the fenders to flat ones on the lunar rover, we will have a patrol on the moon!
We want all vintage jeep events to be on the IFFC calendar.
We want every flat fender person out there to have a way to connect with others to get the maximum fun.

Thanks Scott!

Sincerely,
Lew Ladwig

Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2013 at 9:22pm
LET ME BE THE FIRST TO SAY     CONGRATS !!!

THE MAN WELL DESERVES IT ...ClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClapClap

GOOD JOB SCOTT  !!!!!!
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
ricco View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ricco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2013 at 10:00pm
I thinks Lew has got it right!  Scott's enthusiasm and involvement is fun to see...good choice for second in command.  I hope Scott knows that having that moniker will obligate him to visit the home of the IFFC this September!...even if he's jeepless, he can still lead the inspection!  Plenty of people to pick him up in either airport location, or plenty of beds along the way!   Now, as the first lead project for our new second in command...how about some really cool IFFC T-shirts or Polo's!?  Count me in for a one when that happens!
She can dance a cajun rhythm....jump like a Willy's in four wheel drive...("Sugar Magnolia")

'48 CJ2A #204845 "Lumpy"
scoutpilot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scoutpilot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2013 at 11:53pm
Way to go Scott!!ClapClapClapStarClapClapClap
dirtbuggy View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dirtbuggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 12:21am
WooWhooo Congrats and welcome to the topClap
47 cj2a 48cj2a 04tj 99ford dually diesel and a rhino just added a 62 jeep pickup
Oilleaker1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oilleaker1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 1:08am
Hey, maybe all FFC runs should have a open seat for him if he wants to attend their rally or run. Sure would put some miles on him huh? Congrats to you Scott. If you come to the Black Hills, I'll find you a seat. You can run the manual wiper---deal? John
Green Disease, Jeeps, Old Iron!
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 1:46am
I can't think of a better choice.  Scott's enthusiasm is contagious.  Anyone that can get me to seriously consider pulling a Willys 1800 miles across this country, has some serious organizational and persuasion skills.
Congrats!!Big smile

Tim
hillbilly21 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 1:46am
 ME THINKS THERE IS GOING TO BE A MASS EXODUS HEADING TO BLACK HILLS SD. TO SEE YOU OUT THERE  JOHN ..Wink  Big smileBig smile
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
mike in oregon View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike in oregon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 2:20am
Congrats Scott. You are definitely the man for the job.  Thumbs Up

Edited by mike in oregon - 26 Jan. 2013 at 4:55am
MIKE IN OREGON
President of Oregon Flat Fender Club.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oregon-Flat-Fender-Club/222864787838570

46 CJ2A 38007
46 CJ2A 79863
BANTAM T3-C 25314
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 4:07am
President Ladwig,
Thank you for honoring me with this position. I believe in the IFFC (International Flat Fender Club) wholeheartedly. I will put forth my best efforts in its growth, its purpose, and most importantly serving its members. I will still maintain my position as the SCFFC (South Carolina Flat Fender Club) President. It has been a fantastic adventure of the friendships I have made, the incredible people I have met, and the adventure that I am on, due to my Grandfathers Jeep, The 2a Pages, and this very special organization. Flat fender owners are unique group, we all have a story and a reason. This is my FAVORITE aspect of my obsession. I look forward to meeting as many members as I can. We all have something to contribute, a tale to tell, a lesson learned to share.

Most importantly, it is time to have fun, that is truly what it is all about. That special feeling you get from these old Jeeps, the sense of accomplishment we get for being the keepers of the past. When someone you don't even know connects with you because of a shared interest, whom you probably would have never otherwise met.

That is what encourages me.

I will wear the badge with pride...

athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 4:56am
Well said.  Cheers!!
Clap
Tim

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 5:12am
Originally posted by athawk11 athawk11 wrote:

Well said.  Cheers!!
Clap
Tim

Thanks Tim,
Great talking with you on the phone this evening. Hope I didn't wear your ear outWink. Look forward to meeting you in person. April will be Awesome!, come on down, Sept will be of the charts! I am looking at tickets alreadyLOLWink I am riding with you in the FCT! Hope you have room for me and the Mrs.(In the Jeep that isThumbs Up)

porsskar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote porsskar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 9:13am
Concratulations Scott!
Sten from Finland
1947 CJ2A serial 94118
1949 8NAN Ford tractor
1965 Mahoghany Snipe FIN 14018
SYLVANWILLYS View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SYLVANWILLYS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2013 at 5:08pm
Congratulations Scott and thank you for taking on the role and donating your time for this.  You do seem like the perfect person for the job!

Enjoy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2013 at 11:35pm
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Hey, maybe all FFC runs should have a open seat for him if he wants to attend their rally or run. Sure would put some miles on him huh? Congrats to you Scott. If you come to the Black Hills, I'll find you a seat. You can run the manual wiper---deal? John

Yes Sir, That is a Deal!
 Black Hills, I shall put that on the list. Maybe not this year, but somedayThumbs Up, seems the NCFFC President has some ideas of heading that way in the future.
That manual wiper, Grandpas Jeep had one, it was my favorite when I was 10. How would you know that?
And yes, my build will have a set of full manuals, WW2 styleWink
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2013 at 3:29am
Originally posted by Haines Garage Haines Garage wrote:

Thanks Tim,
Great talking with you on the phone this evening. Hope I didn't wear your ear outWink. Look forward to meeting you in person. April will be Awesome!, come on down, Sept will be of the charts! I am looking at tickets alreadyLOLWink I am riding with you in the FCT! Hope you have room for me and the Mrs.(In the Jeep that isThumbs Up)

The pleasure was all mine.  You've got a seat in my Willys anytime!!  You might have to negotiate with my wife as to who gets 'shotgun'.Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2013 at 3:32am
Originally posted by athawk11 athawk11 wrote:

Originally posted by Haines Garage Haines Garage wrote:

Thanks Tim,

The pleasure was all mine.  You've got a seat in my Willys anytime!!  You might have to negotiate with my wife as to who gets 'shotgun'.Wink

No worries Sir Hawkridge, I will gladly ride in the back! See you in Sept.Thumbs Up
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2013 at 3:40am
Originally posted by Oilleaker1 Oilleaker1 wrote:

Colorado FlatFender Club's policy has been, since the very beginning, there's always a seat available for anyone who shows up and wants to ride.
   BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>