Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Exahust System
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Import Exhaust Kits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brachus12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Import Exhaust Kits
    Posted: 27 July 2007 at 3:14pm
For those that have purchased the complete OA? exhaust kits: were you satisfied with the quality? I see Walck's also carries US made pipes as well (also twice as much). I dont want something that will fall apart after a couple years of normal use.

Brachus

47 CJ2A #101361 "Bugger"
42 GPW 75248
SPEN Trailer
62 M170 13758

http://s4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/brachus/Willys
bkreutz View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bkreutz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 July 2007 at 3:26pm
Can't speak for durability, but when I ordered mine from Walck's I was going to go with the US made one so I asked Carl what the difference was and he said "price". He said he stocks them because some people don't want imported stuff. I went with the import kit and other than having to cut an inch off a couple of pipes for a better fit, it went on fine.
Gale

47 CJ2A 142857
47 Bantam T3-C 16271

Photo page http://bkreutz.smugmug.com/
dclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2007 at 11:04am
I got mine from Walck's and it was, I believe, made in Canada.  That make it an import?

I had to cut a foot off the tail pipe [no it did NOT have five toes and a size 12 Reebock attached to it]

I had to add 6" to the long exhaust pipe in order to reach the curved pipe that attaches to the manifold.  I was lucky, I had a piece of pipe that fit.

All in all, I found the muffler/pipe issue to be somewhat less than a perfect experience.  However, it was the first thing I ordered, and I might have given some wrong information.

del clear

Together we can figure it out, after all, it's only a machine, if a man can build it, a man can fix it. {Author: bkruetz}
 Post Reply Post Reply