Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

inflation rant

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: inflation rant
    Posted: 30 Apr. 2022 at 4:54pm
Yep, I know covid and shipping disruptions, along with fuel prices have hit prices big time. However, buyer beware, I do believe there are some out there taking advantage to jack prices way up on items that aren't so vulnerable to the current situation. 

Case in point... I got out the lawn mower today and set about to service it for summer. Hours indicated an oil change was in order. The factory Kohler oil filter at Tractor Supply was $12.00 so I thought I'd be clever, cross it to a Wix, and pick it up at a local auto parts store. I got to the register with it and they rung me up for $20.00. No thanks, I left it there and went to TSC. While there, I noticed they had a modest inventory of Purolator filters. Sure enough my Kohler filter crossed over and I bought a superior filter for $6.00.

So this is small potatoes, but it makes me wonder how often retailers are taking the opportunity to gouge. 
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr. 2022 at 5:50pm
Stopped to get a BBQ sandwich the other day and after paying, I saw on the receipt there was a "Paper Usage Charge"

Back to jeeps, I was in TSC a couple of years ago and they were clearing inventory.  In that isle, I found several C3P filters for my F-head.  Had I not walked in, I'd have never known.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
TMRoper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMRoper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 8:11am
With multiple jeeps (and a few strays that come along)tsc has alot of parts that you can use in our jeeps. They are in the the tractor parts area ,plug wires ,gauges throttle cables ,etc. Good place for stuff in a pinch when you are trying to keep your project from being stalled.

Edited by TMRoper - 01 May 2022 at 8:12am
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 8:40am
Want to be shocked? 

Some of the equipment we buy - 

2020 = $33,000 each. 2022 - $49,000 with no ETA to delivery

other equipment we bought last year to be delivered this you - $14,000 surcharge. 

Oh trust me - there is so much gouging going on out there, it's sickening. 

46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
oldscot3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldscot3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 10:51am
My gosh it's scary. Virtually all of our Greatest Generation that lived through the Great Depression are gone now and our generation(s), speaking in a broadly general way, have known only a country of relative prosperity. Economics is a self-regulating thing. Abuses that run afoul of the basics principles eventually have a day of reconning. 
James 4:6 God resists the proud, but gives grace to the humble.
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 12:10pm
0W40 and 5W40 Diesel rated synthetic oil is now $50 a gallon, IF YOU CAN FIND IT.
 Post Reply Post Reply