Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > How to information
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Interior redo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LJMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Interior redo
    Posted: 14 Oct. 2017 at 2:10pm
Looking for pictures or any information on the original interior of a 1946 Willys Jeep CJ2.  Just starting my "makeover" project.
Thanks!
Larry J
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2017 at 4:23pm
Check out the reference photos in the research and history forum?
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct. 2017 at 6:59pm
Interior? As in soft stuff? There ain't much. Wink  BW
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
Jannie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2017 at 7:49pm
Sorry guys, I am new to this and I am probably going to tick you off.  The best I could get was to google:  Dashboard Decall positions for CJ2a.  This gives a very nice picture of the interior but it still did not solve my problem. I got hold of the three decalls and would like to know where to fit them.  This picture shows the warning decall right at the top next to the Parking brake and the gear positons and the serial number decalls lower down to the right.  Other pictures show them in an inline position all to the lower position.  Can anyone help me with the correct position.  I think that this will also help the originator of the forum with his problem.  Now I am going to try to start a forum on hand controls. please try to find me there and see if you can assist me.
Please help I am lost
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2017 at 8:11pm
Jannie,
By decal I'm assuming you mean the data plates on the dash. The 3 piece dash plate was changed out to a one piece plate sometime in 46. What year is your jeep?  Need that information to get you correct information.

This thread has some measurements for the 3 data plate style.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
smfulle View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smfulle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2017 at 8:18pm
If RSA means South Africa, here is a thread where some of your fellow South Africans are actually discussing this issue.  Some nice pictures there as well. You might be able to hook up with one or more of them to compare notes.

Stan
48 CJ2A (Grampa's Jeep)
59 Chevy 1/2 ton
Grampa's Jeep Build Thread
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2017 at 8:35pm
I don't think there was ever anything like a stencil to told people in the factory where to place stickers. It's like when you bought a Warn OD it came with a sticker in the box and you placed it wherever you wanted. The dashboards were all pre drilled so those dash plates went where they fit. If you do a search there are pictures of where people have stuck things to the dash.
uncamonkey
Jannie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jannie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2017 at 9:50pm
Thank you, I will go with the guy with the measuring tapes. The Jeep is a 1946.  Please go to my request for hand controls and see what you can do for me.  I am probably screwing this up completely.  As poer usual my wife would say.
Please help I am lost
 Post Reply Post Reply