Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps > IFFC Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

International Flat Fender Club

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2011 at 3:56am
Lew
I am new to this computer communication , web site, forums and all. However, I am not new to flat fenders.I have been on the computer over the years mostly looking up things and even some ebay buying etc. But over the past couple of years I have been  frequently  checking out this 2a site and g503 as well as the 3a site. I particularly enjoy reading about these wonderful trail rides you guys go on and would love to go on that fall color tour this next year. I have a number of friends with flat fender jeeps and I always thought it would be fun to have a trail run with just flattys but never got around to it but would love to do it. We have been on trails here in Montana quite often over the years but not more then two or three rigs at a time. Getting a whole fleet of old jeeps traveling together would be so much fun. I would be interested in a Montana Patrol of your IFFC. This is also my first posting on this forum so please excuse if I sound like a novice, but that is what I am.
Thank You.
Frank

GPW 96842
CJ2A 10399
48 CJ2a
49 cj2a
GP

Where there's a WILLYS there's a way.
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2011 at 1:06pm
Frank,
you post like an old pro so no worries there.  It would be great if you started a Montana Patrol!  Please feel free to travel down here and join any of our rides.  Your right, they are a lot of fun.  It's very cool to look down the trail and all you see are old flatties crawling along.  See if you can learn how to do pictures as the rest of us would love to see your jeep and some of that great Montana turf.  I used to have a drill rigs based in Great Falls and Billings.  I have traveled all over the state and really like it.
Lew
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan. 2011 at 6:28pm

Can't resist Lew,

You need a better title for this club, how about:

Flat Fender Club of the World and Surrounding Areas  FFCWSA

Steve
Ames, IA
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
combat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote combat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jan. 2011 at 3:40am
Lew
Thanks for the invite down. I have a son in Denver and a brother in Col. Springs ( who also has a cj2a). He brought his 2a to Moab with us one year.  Right now I am trying to get my GPW finished up by april 1st. if I can stay on schedule.  I also have a 48 2a that needed an engine rebuild so I tore it down too and am working on both at the same time. The 48 is closer mechanically to being finished but I have a bit of work to finish the body detail work. I was able to match up a great match for Emerald Green for the body and from my studies of the past The wheel color was Universal Beige I think. Anyway I also have that color for the wheels and accent.  The GPW is taking me allot more time to find all the correct Ford F bolts and parts to put it back correctly, but it is turning out very interesting . I almost have the running chassis finished on the GPW and all the floor sheet metal in. Still quite a bit of work left. If I can figure this photo stuff I'll post some pictures. I can dig up some trail ride photos from years back and could post them too if I can figure how to scan in. I am really going to try to make it to the fall color tour . I love the pictures! I think I enjoy that the most on these forums are the photos of all those great looking jeeps in beautiful settings . As in the beautiful photos in Flint Hills adventure.!
Later.

Frank

GPW 96842
CJ2A 10399
48 CJ2a
49 cj2a
GP

Where there's a WILLYS there's a way.
Montana Rocky Mt. Flat Fender Club
ksquared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2011 at 4:42am
Hey lew,
I know there's a good number of flatfenders running round my corner of ohio, including myself of course, anything established in this area yet?
44 Willys MB

68 M715

67 M35A2

47 CJ2A

97 XJ

97 TJ

47 ALF 700 fire engine

79 Pierce mini pumper
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2011 at 2:19pm

Nope, nothing yet!  You going to get one started?  It's a lot of fun to see a big group of willys  motoring down a country road!  OFFC?

Lew

Lew Ladwig
ksquared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ksquared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan. 2011 at 3:17pm
Defenitly interested, Count me in!
44 Willys MB

68 M715

67 M35A2

47 CJ2A

97 XJ

97 TJ

47 ALF 700 fire engine

79 Pierce mini pumper
jackthebear46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackthebear46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2011 at 1:15am
Came across your site while surfing the web.  I am the President of the Antique Willys Association and am based just west of Crossfield, Alberta, Canada.  We have 64 members in British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan and Ontario.  We have both civilian and military Willys.  We have been running for almost 5 years and will be having our 5th Annual Willys Weekend on June 17-18 in Olds, AB.  We would welcome any of your members who would like to attend.  We will be displaying our Willys in Centennial Park on grass and have free parking for anyone attending.

We have a swap meet in May in Red Deer, AB each year and also several other events throughout the year.  Our AGM is held on the September long weekend which includes a cruise.

This year we are going on a cruise to Kimberley, BC.  It will take us two days to drive there.  We are planning on participatiing in their Julyfest parade, seeing some of the local attractions and one of our members will be taking us into the back country. This is the longest cruise we have gone on so far.

Several of our members are planning on going on the 2012 Alcan Convoy with the MVPA.

We would appreciate receiving some info on the IFFC.

Donna Geekie, President
Antique Willys Association
www.antiquewillys.com
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar. 2011 at 3:49am
Donna,
About 6 years ago I started the Colorado Flat Fender Club-CFFC.  The membership rose to about 75 folks.  Amoung those were many from other states.  We even had a few from overseas.  So I fired up the IFFC.  We are now up to a dozen patrols with in the U.S. and another 4 overseas.  I would really like to set up a website but have not had the time.  Our goal is to set up patrols all around the world and let the IFFC be the central meeting point for sharing events and contacts.  Due to hackers, I have kept the email listing to myself.  We have been using the cj2a page as a chat room for this for now.  The concept is to have no dues, no rules other than you must love old flatfender jeeps!
How would you guys like to be our Canada patrol?
BTW, I was born in Calgary.
Lew
Lew Ladwig
jackthebear46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jackthebear46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2011 at 3:32am
Thanks for the information on the IFFC.  The Antique Willys Association would welcome the opportunity to be the Canada patrol for the IFFC.  It would be appreciated if you would send any Canadian flat fender enthusiasts our way.  We are a young organization (in our 5th year) and
would like to expand our membership.

We would also like to look at the possibility of hosting an annual convention of the IFFC in the future.

Looking forward to future events and correspondence.

Donna Geekie, President
Antique Willys Association
donna@antiquewillys.com
www.antiquewillys.com
Crossfield, Alberta, Canada
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Mar. 2011 at 1:27pm
Donna,
That's great!  I would love to head your way for a convention.
Please keep the rest of us up to date on your events by posting here on the 2a page.
Thanks,
Lew

Lew Ladwig
tumbleweed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tumbleweed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 4:47pm
Lew,

Read about the CFFC and IFFC on this link and looks like it is gaining speed. I think that the North Texas Flat Fender club is trying to get something started but if not I guess the TFFC would work unless my friends in Tennessee are already on board. I am planning on attending the fall color tour next year that m38mike has coordinated the past few years. Looks like a great time and awesome landscape. I am in the process of restoration of my 49 CJ3A and would love to take it to Colorado. My plans are to have it completed by next May.  Just seems natural that Jeeps and Colorado go together. My mom used to live in Grand Junction but she moved back to TX a few years back.  We hunted the area west of Whitewater many times. I'll keep looking on the website for activity. I am sure that it takes a lot of time to coordinate the get togethers but there is a great deal of love for the flat fenders out there and the preservation of our history with these Jeeps. 
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 June 2011 at 5:02pm
Tumbleweed,
We would love to have you at the Fall Colors tour.  I think you will find the trails are a blast and the views outstanding.
Keep us posted on your progress.

TFFC sounds great!  I am sure there are lot's of flatties across the state all looking for a club.  They will figure it out when they see a convoy of jeeps go by.  That's what I found with the CFFC, one jeep attracts another!

Lew
Lew Ladwig
jeepjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2011 at 7:45pm

Hows the web site comming?  I can build one pretty inexpensivly, Mine runs about $50 a year.  and can be seen at www.in2jeepn.com Also do you have a Nebraska Chapter yet?  If not I can see abut setting one up!

Thanks

Edited by jeepjunky - 17 Sep. 2011 at 7:46pm
My Jeep won a war, Your Honda mowed my yard!
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2011 at 1:34am
JeepJunky,
I have not done much on a web site yet.  I am much better with a 9/16 wrench.  If you know how to do a web site I would be very interested in doing something.  Perhaps you could call me and I could set you up with my ideas.
I am currently working on a 45 GPW from WWII.  That's been burning up my free time.
Thanks,
Lew
Lew Ladwig
jeepjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2011 at 3:28pm
OK all, Its getting closer to becoming a reality!  Lew and I have started planning the construction of the site.  My hope is to have it up within a week or two. Ive got a promotional exam all next week so I wont be doing much with it untill its done.
Can you please send me information on your Patrols?  ie location...dugh, pics, names (if you like) trips, or meeting plans, areas to go 4wheeling.
If you have any ideas please let me know Ill see what I can do. 
Also, Lew would like this to remain a Free club so-much-so that he has offered to pay the inital $50.00ish web site due.  This is a annual due to have the site. Thanks Lew!!! but if anyone has suggestions for covering that fee in the future Im all ears.
jeepjunky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepjunky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2011 at 6:13pm
The site is upClap.  Its pretty bare though.  Currently it is maxed out on pages.  Once this gains some momentum and we raise the money Ill upgrade the site.  This will do two things, one give us more pages, and two change the domain name...slightly.
Untill then go to the site, sign the guest book and give me some feed back!
Thanks
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep. 2011 at 12:09am
Thanks so much for building a website for the IFFC, jeepjunky! 
I would encourage any Patrol out there to please sign up!  Even if you did some time ago, let's make sure we have you on a fresh list and with good contact info.  All I ask is that the name of your patrol have Flat Fender Club for the last part!

Please forward us info on your patrol, where you like to meet, trail ride, swap parts.
Pictures of your jeeps and trips are always enjoyed! 

With that said, this is not a site to replace the 2a, 2a, 3b, or g503 sites.  It's only a way to group flat fenders around the globe and announce events.  I can tell you from experience, that once you have a means such as the CFFC or IFFC, then things start to happen and you will find youself getting a lot more fun out of you jeep.

Thanks,
Lew Ladwig
Lew Ladwig
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>