Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Introduction, from New Jersey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 5:37pm
I did not mean to be negative but the hood is about an easy afternoon repair. It looks like there some alignment issues with the grille. Nobody said it was going to be easy. As far as maintenance goes, I rarely need to touch my 3B.
uncamonkey
jeeper50 View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 10:58pm
For tuneup items and normal maintenance, they are easy to learn on and with us providing info and tech info. Let's just say your "in good hands with the forum as your backup"  

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

davpet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2018 at 2:40am
Welcome to the site from Hackensack.... There may be an older plow jeep for sale at the Gulf Station on Essex Street in Lodi.  Where are you located?

Regards,
Dave Petrella
Jerseyhawg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseyhawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2018 at 2:56am
Hi Dave, I am in Port Monmouth / Middletown. 

Glenn
He who toils here, hath made his mark.
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep. 2018 at 3:10am
A chunk of wood bolted to the hood may have been considered an eye sore to the builder of this 2A.  If this is the reason why he left them off, then he is a very talented vehicle restoration expert, but not a true Willys guy.  That doesn't in any way disqualify this fine machine.  It just tells me it was not a labor of love, but labor to turn another vehicle.  The hood blocks are one of the truly unique things about a Willys Jeep.

Just one more humble opinion.
1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseyhawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2018 at 2:31am
I agree with your comment 100 percent. I think your spot on. As the old saying goes, there's a seat for every rump. Some fellas are "pureist's " and others do what suits them. 

Glenn
Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2018 at 3:44am
Originally posted by Jerseyhawg Jerseyhawg wrote:

I agree with your comment 100 percent. I think your spot on. As the old saying goes, there's a seat for every rump. Some fellas are "pureist's " and others do what suits them. 

Glenn

We can all go our separate directions. Neither of my Jeeps is stock and my '53 Buick is. I have done model Ts, 1908 REO and a 1906 Buick with a friend. I can play both sides of a deck of cards.
uncamonkey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerseyhawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2018 at 4:57am
Me to. Whatever shoe fits. I had a 28 Franklin, 41 Packard, 50 Plymouth sedan, 71 Plymouth Duster resto mod. Its what I am in the mood for at the time. I got your drift 

Glenn
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2018 at 5:23am
No '37 Hardbargain?  Smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12