Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps > IFFC Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iowa patrol?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Iowa patrol?
    Posted: 05 Apr. 2013 at 12:27am
Hi, wondered if there was an Iowa patrol? I will be relocating to Pleasantville, IA in July and would love to make some friends.
I would love to hear from you Iowa guys!
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2013 at 12:49am

Edited by rocnroll - 05 Apr. 2013 at 1:48am
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2013 at 2:21am
There are a few of us here, we had an unofficial mtg awhile back about doing a Mississippi river run sometime.

Since you brought it up, maybe you can be our prez.

There is a Iowa jeep club that meets in central Iowa that has old and new jeeps.   I haven't made it to any  meetings or events yet.   Their big fall meeting is always the same week end as the fall color tour.
 They have made a real effort to reach out to us older cjs.

Welcome to Iowa,   looking forward to meeting you.

steve

Edited by willys54wagon - 05 Apr. 2013 at 2:59am
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr. 2013 at 4:01pm
I would also add that I am prob the closest to your new destination.   Most are  east of here.  If there is anything I can do for you on this end, let me know.
What brings you to iowa?   Most would say this is a "from" state, not a "to" state.

Also if you are travelling back to CO empty in your moving process,   I have a 1942 water can that needs to go to Lew.  
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2013 at 4:53am
Iowa and I go back a bit. I first moved to Ackworth, IA in 1979. My wife and her family are from Pleasantville and that is where we are moving to, to help her Dad out. I lived in Fairfield, IA (home of Vintage Power Wagons) and Stockport, IA as well. I am originally from CT but have grown quite fond of Iowa over the years and am comfortable calling her Home.
The move will be a one shot deal, so I won't be able to transport your water can
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2013 at 12:29pm
Well, in that case, welcome back.   We'll get you your gun permit when you settle in.

Just remembered there is a jeep/gun guy in Osceola.  Wonder what rick has been up to.

steve
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 5:08pm
Also a couple of other guys I met at the Fall Reunion in Jeff. City. Mo. Last year.  Mike Holcomb, Agency Ia. and Phil Holcomb, Pella Ia.  Then You've got me down here in S.E. Iowa corner. Sandusky
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 5:18pm
We seem to be spread out all over the place.
I.C., here...
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 5:37pm
I am looking forward to moving back! I have lived in Ackworth, Pleasantville, Melcher-Dallas, Fairfield, Stockport and now back to Pleasantville!
I hope to meet some of you!
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 5:46pm
We should do a "Bridges of Madison County" ride or something along that line...
Debating taking on the patrol thing...just feel very inexperienced at this sort of thing, bein a 'nube' and all!
Ermm

Would love feedback from you guys on if there is interest...

Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
dennisanvil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennisanvil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 10:43pm
i live on the east side of ia.
dennisanvil                   1948 cj2a, maker of tailgate hooks & hand forge iron ware
there not any knowen cure for jeep fever.
serial # 164136<

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 11:01pm
Debating taking on the patrol thing...just feel very inexperienced at this sort of thing, bein a 'nube' and all!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
herding iowa cats isn't that difficult.......................................................
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr. 2013 at 11:05pm
I have an idea,Big smile how about you and Eric take this on together? Let Lew or myself know. Would love to have an Iowa Patrol. It's really not work, more Fun than anything. No more than both of you do already. Let me know.
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 1:18am
I think you have just been volunteered!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 1:22am
Yes Sir, Whom should be the President Of the Iowa FFC!
Say When.....................................
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 1:27am
I'm in....!

Thumbs Up

I will not be to Iowa until Jul-Aug and will be quite busy up until then as well.
But I can start finding out where  everyone is and see who else is in...

Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 1:47am
Erics name is on the list.

I only know two things about Eric,  he has never been in jail and I don't know why .  My job as he assumes this exonerated position will be to try and keep him that way..............................

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 2:09am
Well then. explain the order of command, And I shall announce it. Iowa, love it Haines GarageThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>