Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Clubs for jeeps > IFFC Club
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Iowa patrol?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 4:37pm
I indicated Eric assumed the exonerated position, my job is to keep him sober.....................
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
sandusky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sandusky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr. 2013 at 4:46pm
I'll Drink To That !!!LOL
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2013 at 12:10am
Okay, just so I am not such a stranger...

My name is Eric Weidner, I grew up in Wilton, CT.
Graduated high school in '75
I am an Eagle Scout w/Silver Palm and an honorably discharged Cold War veteran (served 4 yrs US Army, 3 yrs Army Nat Gd).
My earliest jeep memory  is when I was 9 and I was going to spend the night at a friends house...he showed up with his older sister...yup, in a CJ. Of course being a nine year old boy, I showed her a 'short-cut'. It was...kinda. It was a shorter distance, but it was also about 7' wide with no place to turn around. I swear I didn't know about the tree laying across the road. Well, since she did not want to back up a mile, she simply popped it into 4wd and we crawled over it. I thought she was going to kill us....
I have a keen interest in WW2 history and actually sold most of my military collection to buy my '48 CJ2a. I have owned a 1941 Dodge WC6, and a 1972 Pinzgauer 710M.

I would like to propose that the patrol be called the 'Flat Fender Club of Iowa' (FFCI) so as not to be confused with IFFC...any thoughts?

and...willys54wagon...hopin' I can count on you...
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2013 at 12:59am
yep Kemosabe, I promise to be a faithful side kick.

Strong interest in WWII also.  Uncle injured on Iwo Jima had a major influence.  Have time on my hands 4 cj projects, 4 wagon projects and a pickup, sold the fc170 .  Trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.   Need adult supervision..........................
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2013 at 1:04am
I get the feeling we will get on famously!

Handshake

btw- My Dad commanded assault boats (landing craft) at Anzio and North Africa. Miss him!

Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr. 2013 at 11:27pm
Just to clarify:
Yes we want  to be a part of the International Flat Fender Club...I just thought that being called the Flat Fender Club of Iowa would avoid confusion when just using the initials...

Clear as mud?  Confused
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
Haines Garage View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2013 at 12:07am
How about we list you as the IAFFC. That is your states prefix yes? And I am assuming That Eric will Be then President, and Mr. Willys Wagon will be the VP? Glad you guys are onboard.
Let me know the correct way you want to be announced, before I do so.Big smileThumbs Up
ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2013 at 12:45am
Pending any objections from my 'sidekick'....sounds perfect to me!

Looking forward to the fun and friends!

Thumbs Up
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2013 at 1:03am
Say When.......(like Doc HollidayThumbs Up)
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2013 at 1:31am
Yes!  Another state is covered.  There is no point in resisting the borg.  Resistance is futile!
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2013 at 1:33am
sounds ok to me, when does the revolution begin?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Haines Garage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr. 2013 at 1:41am
Now I guess! It is my honor as IFFC VP job to announce you know.
ERICW President IAFFC!
Willys54 Wagon IAFFC , VP!
I shall list you on the Internationalflatfender.net site as well.
Welcome aboard Mr. President, and Mr. Vice President!!

Haines Garage 5xThumbs Up
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2014 at 8:37pm
Any thing been going on with IAFFC since last April.  I am in Clive, IA with a 48 2A under reconstruction.  I recently joined JOCCI but that appears to be the newer jeeps, Jkz Yks, even ones with square headlights, UGH!

Anyway I would like to become involved with your patrol. Letme know whats going on.

Regards,

Fltfndr

jhs9634 @gmail.com
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Lew Ladwig View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lew Ladwig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr. 2014 at 2:26am
John,
That is exactly why I formed the IFFC and the patrols.  Those built up rock crawlers play different than we do with our mostly stock willys.  I hope to have the new website up and running soon.  My nephew is helping me along with Russ from the 2a page.  I do much better with a wrench than a computer.
If you have ideas for a ride, just go ahead and post it here on the 2a page for now.
like Costner said- build it and they will come.

happy jeeping,
Lew
Lew Ladwig
President of the CFFC and IFFC
http://internationalflatfenderclub.com/index.html
http://www.facebook.com/#!/InternationalFlatFinderClub
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Feb. 2015 at 6:09pm
Hi Eric,

Don't know if you have had any success with starting an Iowa patrol of IFFC or a Flat fender club of iowa, but perhaps I can provide you with some infoof recent times.

There is a group of primarily eastern iowa folk that got together in Iowa City in January.  Unofficial name is Jeeps in January.  I attended for the first time this year, seems to be a good group, mostly middle age to older. Spent day BS about our rigs, swapping stories etc.  I remembered a post from you but didn't recall your name. i asked if anybody had contacted a guy from Pleasantville, response was They had but had gotten no response.

If you are still interested in getting a group together, Let me know

FLTFNDR

Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
kilroy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kilroy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2015 at 1:47am
Originally posted by john schiefer john schiefer wrote:

Hi Eric,

Don't know if you have had any success with starting an Iowa patrol of IFFC or a Flat fender club of iowa, but perhaps I can provide you with some infoof recent times.

There is a group of primarily eastern iowa folk that got together in Iowa City in January.  Unofficial name is Jeeps in January.  I attended for the first time this year, seems to be a good group, mostly middle age to older. Spent day BS about our rigs, swapping stories etc.  I remembered a post from you but didn't recall your name. i asked if anybody had contacted a guy from Pleasantville, response was They had but had gotten no response.

If you are still interested in getting a group together, Let me know

FLTFNDR

"mostly middle age to older."

ahem... Ouch
WinkLOL
"You know, I'm too old a bunny to get very excited about all this."
General H.E. von Salmuth
Commander
German Fourth Army
France: 5 June 1944

1947 Willys CJ2A
1947 Bantam T3-C Trailer

ericw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Feb. 2015 at 5:44pm
[EMAIL= ][/EMAIL]
Hey, I am very interested in an Iowa club. I am not sure if I can 'lead' the group, but would certainly be a member.
Eric
Eric
1948 CJ2a 'Angus'
Body ACM# 171327
Member IAFFC
Justins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2017 at 3:28pm
How many Iowa folks do we have now? There was some interest in the IFFC FB page regarding an Iowa Patrol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12