Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It broke,or is it snapped ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It broke,or is it snapped ?
    Posted: 19 July 2021 at 5:26am
Hi all 
Changed my oil filter the other day and got the usual leak from the oil canister lid. So screwed down some more and……….. crack! Hand flew off the wrench and made a new (and bloody) gouge on my thumb. Turned out that the container lid screw retainer thingy that runs down the centre of the container and also holds the filter in sheared off! I have replaced with a Purolater (cause that’s all I could get in the UK without too much of a fleecing) but I was a bit fond of my CJ Fram style one. Question, can this be repaired or centre spine replaced? Looking in manuals etc but doesn’t show that the spine can be removed?

Pictures of the disaster below:

Edited by JonJ - 19 July 2021 at 5:27am
DMusil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMusil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 7:34am
It would be a tricky weld.
DMusil
IronAge52 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IronAge52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 11:57am
the good news is the oil canisters are cheap and easy to find should not cost to much.
yes i see you are in the  UK.

gearwrencher
JonJ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JonJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 July 2021 at 12:21pm
Depends on your definition of cheap! Purolater cost £130!
 Post Reply Post Reply