Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It was a barn find in Maple Ridge
    Posted: 12 Nov. 2015 at 8:25am
A good frend called up and said are you still looking for a jeep? and my reply was yes!     so we grabed a couple of flash lights and off we went, and yes it was burried under old building supplies and insulation ,at first glance we werent sure what we were looking at at first so after clearing away all the junk we could see it wasent a mb or gpw liked we were hoping but it turned out to be a cj2a with a lot of mismatched parts . even not being what i was looking for i still bought the jeep not quite sure what i was getting into. well i have been at it for two summers barring a couple of detours and side projects like my sons early mustang and a frends camaro motor i am now able to start back on the willys sourcing parts and rebuilding as much as posible , my intentions are to keep it as close to orignal as posible and the more i work on the jeep the more i like the old girl and find out the history of the 2a, ACM #34616  Tail gate # 34603 , now all of the tags are long gone posibly on some other jeep i am not sure but using the ACM # as a reference and the information found on the page the VIN# should be 43482 cj2a , posibly built in May of 1946, if i am wrong just let me know, 

Edited by shadow - 02 Aug. 2016 at 9:50pm
Beer4MeThx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Beer4MeThx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2015 at 1:39pm
Welcome to the forums  Thumbs Up
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Nov. 2015 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by Beer4MeThx Beer4MeThx wrote:

Welcome to the forums  Thumbs Up

+1 LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2015 at 4:05am
part of the tear down and removing the tub, this was interestingto see what dammage i was dealing with and the missmached parts, as i have been dismantling there is more and more signs of dammage from a rollover one was the hood and another is the drag link that looks like a pretzel

Edited by shadow - 08 Sep. 2016 at 10:30pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov. 2015 at 4:18am
a bear frame and ready to start on the repairs like welding the front x member back in place , straighning the frame and unsiezing the shackle pins

Edited by shadow - 08 Sep. 2016 at 9:48pm
LesBerg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LesBerg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov. 2015 at 5:13pm
looking nice!
1948 CJ2A 157713 24" Stretch "Old Ironsides"
1st Armored Div
6th Infantry Reg
3rd Infantry Bn
Headquarters Company #161

rubigo in quo speramus - "In Rust we Trust"
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2016 at 3:56pm
i have some holes in the floor that i am working on and some swales in the rear floor that i am trying to straighten out, and after a coupe of days with a large hammer and large chunks of steel for dollys the floor looks not too bad, only problem now is I need to rest my arms ,I think I am suffering from carpol tunnel 

Edited by shadow - 01 Aug. 2016 at 6:54pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2016 at 4:00pm
 patch pannel for the drivers side bow pocket

Edited by shadow - 01 Aug. 2016 at 3:47pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2016 at 4:25pm
some patch pannels

Edited by shadow - 01 Aug. 2016 at 3:48pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2016 at 4:33pm
this is what i started with and yes that is the front cross member on the bumper
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar. 2016 at 5:04pm
the tub is off and just a rolling frame

Edited by shadow - 08 Sep. 2016 at 9:31pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2016 at 5:45am
just had a couple of days off  and i was able to work on the willys , i finished up the drivers side floor pan and cleaned up the drivers seat frame and i was able to spray a sample of the body colour on some parts that my local parts store was able to mix up for me they scaned a body part to match it and it is close depending on witch part you hold it up to but i am verry happy with the colour , its little things like that that gets you all excited with the build

Edited by shadow - 08 Sep. 2016 at 9:24pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr. 2016 at 5:57am
this is the drivers side after i finished welding it into place

Edited by shadow - 01 Aug. 2016 at 3:50pm
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2016 at 4:04am
made some good progress on the front portion of the tub
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2016 at 4:08am
heres a couple of pitcs of my progress
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2016 at 4:13am
the fire wall was full of extra holes that i filled
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2016 at 4:21am
picked up a ramseys pto, checked the bearings and replaced the seals, just need to find a front mount winch to go with it
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr. 2016 at 4:36am
moc up of the tool box and fuel tank to make sure i drilled the holes in the right place
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 25>