Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It was a barn find in Maple Ridge

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WeeWilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 3:00pm

Looks great,  You could make one for the gas peddle also. I made one by sewing 2 circles of leather on a small cone to fit in the hole in the floor board. you install it like a grommet.

Jim
47 CJ2A (Ranch Hand) 48 CJ2A, 48 Willys truck, T3C 3782, M274 (Military Mule)
Gil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug. 2020 at 4:04pm
Wow Andy you made those lever boots look easy to make.

Giles
1946 cj2a 59108
1998 Jeep Cherokee 2 doors
2016 Jeep Cherokee TrailHawk
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 5:15am
[QUOTE=WeeWilly]

Looks great,  You could make one for the gas peddle also. I made one by sewing 2 circles of leather on a small cone to fit in the hole in the floor board. you install it like a grommet.

that's next on my list while I have the leather and the sewing machine out.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
48willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 1:32pm
Amazing job you’ve done with the whole Jeep!
1946 cj2a #28680
1948 chevy 3800 thriftmaster
1946-50's cj2a-3a farm jeep
1993 yj, aka the yj7
Carson Bradshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carson Bradshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Aug. 2020 at 3:09pm
love those shifter bootsClap whats the switch next to the heater?
jeep,cj2,48,V8,(Darwin)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug. 2020 at 3:42am
Originally posted by Carson Bradshaw Carson Bradshaw wrote:

love those shifter bootsClap whats the switch next to the heater?
The second switch is for my defroster fan, If you look back you can see the Harrison heater I have has a small squirrel cage fan and I set it up with a hose up to the drivers side and with a home made vent to keep the windows clear on the colder days
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Carson Bradshaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carson Bradshaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2020 at 3:44am
thats a good thing to have

jeep,cj2,48,V8,(Darwin)
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct. 2020 at 3:28am
So for the last couple of weeks or so we have been out as much as possible with the jeep, coffee, breakfast and any other reason to get out for a drive, well to try and extend our driving season i found a hard top not too far from us for sale, so my wife and I went for a drive to look it over and with a little discussion if it will work we then bought the top, it will need to be assembled and fitted with some minor tweaking and paint I think we will be quite warm on our cooler days, so this is not a permanent top as I still want to go with the full canvas but only when our dollar is a little better, 
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug. 2021 at 11:25pm
Its been awhile from my last post but I am still tinkering on the jeep like my latest find with some manila rope, I will weave in some loops for the bumper, one of the things for me now is should I wrap around the bumper or drape from side to side.
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2021 at 4:25pm
The classic rope look. I love it!
15 Field RCA
General Eisenhower View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2021 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by shadow shadow wrote:

Its been awhile from my last post but I am still tinkering on the jeep like my latest find with some manila rope, I will weave in some loops for the bumper, one of the things for me now is should I wrap around the bumper or drape from side to side.

Wrapping it around looks cool, but if you need alot, it isnt practical. Draping from side to side is more utilitarian if you constantly need it.

I'm speaking from my experience. I love and hate the wrap around 
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
1994 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2016 Jeep JKU 75th anniversary edition
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2021 at 7:44pm
This is mine with a hook on the end

I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2021 at 11:15pm
Had a little time to braid in the eyes in my rope and hang it on my bumper, I started with wrapping it around the bumper and when i reached the inside of the frame I then draped from side to side, I couldn't bring myself to cutting it to fit, the rope I found was approximately 65' Now the rope is older rope and its more for looks than anything but if needed I wouldn't hesitate to use it too 
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote General Eisenhower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep. 2021 at 11:18pm
I'm sure you are aware but of you pull with the front bumper, that rope won't snap and you jeep won't break, but that bumper wont be straight for much
I Like Ike!
1948 CJ2a "Hefty Horse"
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 3:47pm
Nice Christmas present from Michele, I had to hang it right away on the new shop
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2022 at 9:08pm
Time for some cleanup and maintenance for summer and any car shows or cruse in  that I can get to, store away the top check oil  grease  and all the necessary checks needed , lets go for a rip eh bud 
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
92889 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 92889 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr. 2022 at 10:00pm
Let’s go for a rip.
I was thinking of the road up to Mt. Cheam off Chilliwack lake road. That would be a fun drive in the Jeeps. And if you’re up for it we could hike the 4 km to the summit at the end of the road.
We would need to wait for the snow to come off of course. But that would be a good day trip.

Justin and I are trying to arrange a day trip to Princeton soon. Want to join us?
15 Field RCA
shadow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shadow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr. 2022 at 12:54pm
Keep me posted on when you want to do this , if the timing is good I would be up for this
lets go for a rip eh bud

Andy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 25>