Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Auction Listings / Classified Ads/ Jeeps for Sale Sightings!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep auction in Tennessee, not mine

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep auction in Tennessee, not mine
    Posted: 18 Nov. 2022 at 10:54am
Items For Sale At Auction - Absolute Auction in Morristown, TN (auctionzip.com)

I wonder if some of those farm implements are jeep-specific? I see CJ2A, 3A, 3B, 5, a wagon, and a later wagoneer. I'll bet that what doesn't sell get scrapped.
GR8GPN2U!
jpoole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov. 2022 at 1:13pm
That's a lot of flat fenders :)

I see 3 wagons, 3 cj5s (I think) and an M38, beyond the 2as, 3as and 3bs...

I don't need another jeep but it's not far from here and tempting to go check it out and look for parts/pieces...
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov. 2022 at 8:48pm
Johathan,

I too am thinking about going up there to take a look, and have a car trailer. PM me if you want a ride, I am about 40 miles north of Chattanooga.

Like you, I don't really need another Jeep, but if they go cheap there could be some good parts to score.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Steelyard Blues View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelyard Blues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov. 2022 at 9:49pm
If you buy this one, you have to keep the tree attached forever: 

That is the definition of patina. 
Micah
1947 CJ2A 106327, Engine J109205, Tub 97077. Luzon Red

https://www.thecj2apage.com/forums/steelyard-blues_topic41024_post397981.html?KW=micah+movie#397981

1965 Johnson Furnace Company M416 #6-1577
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2022 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by Steelyard Blues Steelyard Blues wrote:

If you buy this one, you have to keep the tree attached forever: 

That is the definition of patina. 
Micah

I am sure it ran when parked. Wink
jpoole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2022 at 7:45pm
Just getting back to this and your comment OldPappy, thanks so much for the offer!  Sounds like a great way to spend some time and I'll see if I can get free on the home front.  I can take pictures and post them here for all of us to enjoy.

It's off topic but I recently travelled to where it's stored and got about 20 hours of work into my M38 and the jeep fever is running strong.  I've had my eye on a time when I can come up to see you and talk to someone else into these old jeeps (there aren't many of us).  I'll be in touch, as we discussed via pm some time ago.

jpoole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec. 2022 at 2:29pm
Anybody make it to the auction?  Tales of finds, prices, etc. to share?
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2022 at 3:20pm
I was planning on going but ended up being sick with a very bad head cold, and could not have handled walking around outside in the rain.
jpoole View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpoole Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2022 at 4:53pm
Hope you are feeling better!

Post Reply Post Reply