Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Your Jeep Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep history

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep history
    Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 1:44pm
Hey everybody! Lil Bill here. I’m new so be patient.
I have my father in laws 47 cj2A that was handed down to me
And I’m restoring it as we speak. I picked up a lot of great info on this web site so I decided to join up. I’m i the middle of taking it apart and going over the whole thing. Not going to do a total restore, but maybe later on.now I want to make it safe and have fun with it. We have no records but I believe he bought it new ( or close to new) because he drove to college  which was late 40s.
I love working on it and it’s staying in the family forever.
I’m trying to find the original color. It’s s very pale green right now and I believe it’s the original color. I can send pics if there’s someone that can help me. Can’t wait to hear from someone. 
Lil Bill
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 2:06pm
Welcome to the forum Bill. Sounds like your original color may be Pasture Green. You can email me a pic or better yet post pics here on the forum. There is a post explaining how to do that if you are having trouble doing so.  
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 2:12pm
Hey, LB... welcome Thumbs Up  I continue to be jealous of you guys that have jeeps with a family history-

IMHO, you'll get so much more out of this great forum if you bite the bullet and tackle the very short growing pains to posting pics Embarrassed (a pic is worth a thousand words, 'n all that LOL)  I'm partial to third party hosting on mywillyspics.com, but there's several different ways (and a plethora of hosting sites if you go that route)

Some of the best places to find original color are under the trans cover on the floor and the back side of the dash.  I'm sure other folks will chime in with other spots to look.

MB
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

... There is a post explaining how to do that if you are having trouble doing so.  

Wink

(make sure to follow Jpets link in the first post as well)
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 4:45pm
Under toolbox lid
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
athawk11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote athawk11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov. 2019 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

Under toolbox lid

X2!Thumbs Up

1- 1946 CJ2A   
2- 1949 CJ3A
a4cj2a77 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote a4cj2a77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov. 2019 at 5:41pm
I wish i would have made mine a driver 1st before starting on a complete rebuild. Enjoy the journey and the history in your 2a and as always, everyone loves to see pics of your projects.
Phil
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Nov. 2019 at 12:04am
Welcome to the page, Lil Bill!
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Lil Bill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lil Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan. 2020 at 7:34pm
Hey guys! Got the tub on it’s tailgate to replace the gauges. Thank god  for this Forum. What a time saver. If anyone out there needs. To replace gauges or work on the belly of the tub, this is the easiest way. So if your pulling the tub off, that is the perfect time to get those things done. Just set it on it’s tail and support it. 
Working on body work now, then I’m going to start putting it back together. I’ll send pics once I figure out how to send them. In
LilBillWink
 Post Reply Post Reply