Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

jeep show?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: jeep show?
    Posted: 14 Apr. 2019 at 6:05pm
was heading east on I-80 thru nebraska and iowa and saw many jeeps trailered heading west friday/saturday, anyone know what was going on?

TateC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TateC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2019 at 6:19pm
You should have followed them. Any place old Jeeps are going has to be good.
Tate Christensen
1941 Ford GP #9687
1943 Willys MB #263100
1944 Ford GPW #234613
1945 Willys CJ2A #10226
Bridog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2019 at 6:28pm
If you would have followed them you would have likely ended up in Moab, UT for the Easter Jeep Safari.
vidaliaman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidaliaman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr. 2019 at 8:02pm
i shoulda did a u-turn, shoot!!!!
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Bridog Bridog wrote:

If you would have followed them you would have likely ended up in Moab, UT for the Easter Jeep Safari.

FIFY.  No "likely" about it!  Thumbs Up
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr. 2019 at 2:18pm
   Ha ! _ _ _ no "likely" about it.   oh yeah, 4x heaven on hard-rock.

Mike, are you going to EJS ?

I have never been, and probably never will. :(    too far.
But I had some buddies that went for about 4-years back in the late '80's. They were a Toyota group called themselves the Marauder's from N. Calif.

But, John Snee sent me a pm wondering if I was planning on attending the west coast Vintage Military Vehicle gathering in Plymouth, California, which happens beginning tomorrow thru Sunday Apr 16-21st.
   Looks like I will be taking a 6-hour drive early Friday to wander around the festivities all afternoon to see what it is all about.
   I hope to stop in Fairgrounds space 224, which is NdNile from the g503 page.
That would be Doug O'Neil, from Auburn, Calif, and he talked me into going up there. I am going to be selling my two GPW engine blocks with cranks.
I have no idea what they may bring, but Lee says they could easily fetch $500 or better.    

One of these years I need to go to Meadow Lake, California where they hold the annual Sierra Trek run.   The Sierra Trek base-camp is at Meadow Lake which is about 30-miles north and west of Truckee, Calif.    I have never been.

Yes "Likely" there will be some very trick 4x's at the Easter Jeep Safari !

:)
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr. 2019 at 4:28am
I've never been to EJS and I don't know if I ever will.  Everything I have read about it says it would be too crowded for me, but I would like to see Jeep's concept vehicles some year.  Actually, I would like to see those this year.  I'll have to be satisfied with the magazine photos...
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
 Post Reply Post Reply