Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeep sighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote (Name Blocked) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jeep sighting
    Posted: 24 Mar. 2007 at 7:25pm
Was on the highway today and saw a truck hauling new cars but on top of trailer was a restore Cj2a heading west. Wished I had my camera but was a nice site to behold.
dclear View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dclear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar. 2007 at 8:49pm
Best I can do, Alan, is to report a forlorn post office sliding door jeep--not even in USPS blue--in the back lot of our local NAPA store.  I remember when you could get these jeeps at post office disposal sales for a "song" and not even a patriotic one at that.  No one wanted one.  I don't know whether or not that has changed, but it seems these were jeeps in name only--not really part of the family except in superficial looks from the front.

del clear
del clear

Together we can figure it out, after all, it's only a machine, if a man can build it, a man can fix it. {Author: bkruetz}
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar. 2007 at 10:00am
It does make your day to see one going somewhere, even a rust pile. Most of the time they are going the other way. Some of the best road trips have been with a Jeep in tow...MAN, I can't wait to see all the heads turn when I get out the Jeep for the summer. Last night my neighbor started his '48 from under the tarp, he didn't even take the battery out all winter!!
  I think I'm getting antsy
CJ2A #10021 #34692 #58500

Post Reply Post Reply