Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January 2020 - Event Date: 25 Jan. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Jeeps in January 2020
    Posted: 28 Dec. 2019 at 9:45pm
Sorry for the late notice, this year has really passed by quickly. I will be hosting Jeeps in January on Saturday January 25 at my shop... say from 8am ish till whenever. The address is:

Mad City Manufacturing
2301 Advance Road
Madison, WI 53718

For those of you not familiar with the event, it's a very low key gathering of jeep enthusiasts for the one day where we just hang out and do whatever in my machine shop where I keep all my jeeps and related stuff. We mostly just sit around and chat, but I also make available my machine shop and all of it's equipment to help get your project finished or maybe just to the next step. So you are welcome to bring a small project that you need help with.... removing broken bolts, pressing bearings, massaging a part that doesn't quit fit, ect... or you welcome to work on some of my projects that I can't seem to get to as well. Big smile 

There is no registration for this event, no banquet, and no fees of any kind. All food and drink is provided (doughnuts, burgers, brats, soda, beer, ect) so all you have to do is just show up and start having fun. If you have a special dish or beverage that you would like to bring, you are certainly welcome to bring it. If you are thinking about coming, please post on this thread or send me a message so that I can have some idea of how much food and drink to prepare.

For those that have been here before, I have a couple new acquisitions since the last gathering that I think are pretty cool and should be fun to look at.

For those of you that are coming from afar and would like to stay in the area the night before, you are welcome to come hang out at the shop Friday night. I don't have a block of rooms reserved or anything like that, but you are welcome to contact me for lodging options close to my shop.

Oh, I forgot to mention. There isn't really a formal swap meet, but people are welcome to bring parts to sell, trade, or just for show and tell.

I'm looking forward a great gathering,
Joe   

Edited by russnj - 18 Jan. 2020 at 4:03pm
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Anderson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anderson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2019 at 9:58pm
Awesome!  Count me in.  Thanks for setting it up Joe.

Tim
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2019 at 11:13pm
Iโ€™m in as well! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
โ€œIf you wait, you only get olderโ€
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2019 at 12:58pm
Joe,

I'm sorry to say I will miss this monumental event we all look forward to each year to begin the Willys Events Season we have coined Jeeps in January. I'm in Europe on you'all for 6 mos, not returning until late March.

For those of you that have never been, I encourage you to go as you will not be disappointed in the good fellowship, awesome collection of Willys Jeeps and the Food & Beverages hosted by Joe and his Mrs.

I will continue to wait in great anticipation for all the behind the scenes coverage by my Car Pooling Companion and our very own CJ2APage.com Roving Reporter.

I can almost taste the brauts in my mind as I'm gazing at all the "Jeeps on a Shelf"!!!

Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Ol' Unreliable View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ol' Unreliable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2019 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

For those that have been here before, I have a couple new acquisitions since the last gathering that I think are pretty cool and should be fun to look at.

Whoever is taking photos/videos, please make sure these new acquisitions get....photoed/videoed...for those of us who can't be there.  Please?  Big smile
There's a reason it's called Ol' Unreliable
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2019 at 11:54pm
Well....I'm booked. I'll be there! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 12:53am
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Well....I'm booked. I'll be there! 
Iโ€™m right behind you... wanna split a cab?LOL
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 5:04am
Looks like flights into Milwaukee are reasonable...

48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 8:18am
Originally posted by Joe Friday Joe Friday wrote:

Going to miss seeing our East Coast Partners in Crime

...Since Joe posted the above thought I'd look (is $1800 reasonable?)
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 10:38am
Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

$1800 - yikes! Southwest for me was around $350 round trip - pretty reasonable. Maybe Southwest has a lane for you? 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 1:07pm
Art, you will be missed. Thank you for your service!!
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 1:08pm
Boy oh boy I cant wait! Joe let me know if you need any early help. I can give you a hand anytime you need it......except of course during normal dental business hours Monday through Thursday. Big smile

As a special "Jeeps in January" add-on I'll offer a table dedicated to "Dental problems? We fix em here!" just show up with your dental concerns and your questions will be answered.

Edited by damar2yxr - 30 Dec. 2019 at 3:36pm
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Originally posted by 48cj2a 48cj2a wrote:

$1800 - yikes! Southwest for me was around $350 round trip - pretty reasonable. Maybe Southwest has a lane for you? 

LOL Pretty sure he means from across the pond Wink
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2019 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

Art, you will be missed. Thank you for your service!!

x2! Cry
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2019 at 2:53pm
Southwest has a nonstop into MKE, so I have a ticket. Whether my schedule lets me go is a whole different story.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2019 at 3:23pm

Southwest has a nonstop into MKE, so I have a ticket. Whether my schedule lets me go is a whole different story.

My best has southwest out of Hartford making a stop in Baltimore... usually where the rabble get on LOL
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2019 at 5:38pm
Yeah, but although it's 9 bucks less through BWI, it adds 3.5 hours for me.

I would have thought that PVD or BOS was easier for you?

Are you arriving Friday or Sat?

Staying till Sunday AM?
Pat T. View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat T. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec. 2019 at 8:36pm
I will be there this year. Will be nice to see everyone again

Pat
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>