Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January 2020 - Event Date: 25 Jan. 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2020 at 12:21am
Originally posted by Schimms15 Schimms15 wrote:

Jpet do you want me to bring my CAM computer?
It’s not necessary. Thanks to your help last time, I feel like so can make most any shape with my own software now.   Cu guys in the morning.
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2020 at 3:19am
Wish I would of known I work in Rockford you could of stopped by. 
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2020 at 3:21am
Originally posted by drm101 drm101 wrote:

I’m in Rockford and lost my alternator. I’m at Tuffys and hoping they can fix it. We'll see. 

I work in Rockford wish I would of seen this earlier. 
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2020 at 4:06am
Quote of the weekend - 

“You need a bigger Saab”
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan. 2020 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

Quote of the weekend - 

“You need a bigger Saab”

LOLConfused
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2020 at 12:41am
Thanks Schimms15. It actually worked out and you have what has to be the greatest Tuffy on the planet. They got me back on the road in a few hours and the Blazer's next door had good food! Were you at the event?
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force
drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2020 at 12:47am
 Thanks Joe! It was definitely worth driving out. Willy's heaven. The food was great, and Joe and Cheddarhead brought WI beer. Good stories, beer, food, and I still smell like mineral spirits! 
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2020 at 4:39am
Really glad I was finally able to make it to this. I had to leave earlier than I wanted, but met some great people, saw a lot of great stuff in an amazing shop. Joe's one of the nicest guys around, thanks for putting it on again this year.
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan. 2020 at 10:07pm
Quick note of thanks to Joe and his wife Juli for their hospitality. This, being the second trip out has become one of my favorite get togethers. 

Lots of good laughs with great people. Lots of great knowledge and tech. Thanks to all who where there! A great event! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 2:00am
Thanks Joe and Juli, great event and a mid winter break. Please post if the tip jar did nor cover expenses

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 2:47am
Many thanks to Joe & Juli as well, you open your nice clean shop to us, and let us look over all the “Cool” stuff, and feed us, all very much appreciated! 👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽👍🏽 This year I was able to make the trip Friday afternoon and spend the evening with the early arrivals, an added bonus!, many thanks to Andy,Mike & Flatfender and Brian for covering our tab, you guys are the “Best” and very much appreciated 👍👍👍👍👍. I did take a couple photo’s of Joes recent finds I will get posted in the next few days. Again many thanks to all for making this event special and very well attended. The 2020 Jeep season has began 😁

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 4:19am
The best part of all this is Joe is right in my backyard. I can visit him anytime I want....until he says I can’t. As always thanks Joe & Jules!
Andy I greased the wheels for you......it’s up to you now to make Joe an offer he can’t refuse. (He’s been known to soften if he knows it’s going to a good home.) FC-150 fever....catch it!Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 10:50am
Originally posted by damar2yxr damar2yxr wrote:

The best part of all this is Joe is right in my backyard. I can visit him anytime I want....until he says I can’t. As always thanks Joe & Jules!
Andy I greased the wheels for you......it’s up to you now to make Joe an offer he can’t refuse. (He’s been known to soften if he knows it’s going to a good home.) FC-150 fever....catch it!Big smile

Why am I tempted so easily??? There's something wrong with me! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 11:33am
It was thirteen hours door to door to get home yesterday, and worth every footstep!  Many thanks to Joe and Juli for the hospitality, we all know she's the one that makes this possible on every level Wink  What a great setting to get your jeep geek on LOL  

I got to shake some hands again, and shake some anew.  Picked up some parts, got some education on so many levels, great stories Willys and otherwise, and really just left the rest of the world behind for a little bit.  Ya'll are great, and much appreciated Thumbs Up 

(second best quote of the weekend:

Do you guys all know each other?

"Yeah, we all went to different schools togetherLOL )

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
jpet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Sponsor Member x 5

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 2:00pm
Gr8 times, Gr8 friends! Thx Joe and Juli for putting this on!!
CJ2A #29110 "General Willys"
MB #204827 "BAM BAM"

"We do what we can, and we try what we can't"
Bob3b View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob3b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan. 2020 at 4:20pm
What a lot of fun...long drive, but always worth it. Here is Joe setting the endplay on the Spring Willys Reunion's D18 rebuild. This year's how-to clinic should be a big hit.
1946 CJ2A #23881
1953 CJ3b, nice!
1949 Jeepster
1947 Empire Model 90
1985 CJ10A
Spen "S" Utility trailer
Kubota l3400
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2020 at 4:01am
Many thanks for all the kind words and generous offerings in the tip jar. Also a big thanks for those that brought food and drink. Lots of yummy stuff! I'm always so proud to be part of such a great group of people. This event is nothing without the people who attend it, so I am very appreciative to all that travel from both near and far in not so nice weather to gather at my shop.  The laughs, stories, info passed back and forth, and general commodery is absolutely priceless. 

I look forward to seeing you all at other events throughout the year,
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2020 at 11:49am
Here is a short video, too many people scattered about the shop to get introductions this year

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>