Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January 2022 - Event Date: 29 Jan. 2022

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 1:33pm
Joe,

Do you have an approximate start time in the morning? Just wondering if I should take Friday off and drive or work 1/2 a day. 

Thanks,
Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 1:40pm
The executive committee meets at Rev. Jims Roadhouse at around 6:00PM on the 28th
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 2:10pm
Originally posted by Bill Norris Bill Norris wrote:

Joe,

Do you have an approximate start time in the morning? Just wondering if I should take Friday off and drive or work 1/2 a day. 

Thanks,
Bill

Great question Bill. I'll be at my shop around 6 am or before, so you are welcome to come as early as you want. I'll update the initial post with this info.  

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

drm101 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote drm101 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 2:12pm
I'm not %100 yet, but I plan to attend, as well. I'll bring a GPA PTO, Koenig winch, Ramsey PTO, and some other stuff to look at and sell if someone is interested.
Dean
'47 CJ2A "Ron"
'66 CJ5 "Buckie"
The less the Power the More the Force
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 2:16pm
Originally posted by Fltfndr Fltfndr wrote:

The executive committee meets at Rev. Jims Roadhouse at around 6:00PM on the 28th

Great point John. Many people that are coming in from out of town meet at my favorite watering hole the night before. Who knows, maybe this event will/should morph into a Friday afternoon and all day Saturday event. My Employee's usually kick off the weekend around noonish on Fridays, so I wouldn't have a problem with the event starting earlier if there is interest. 
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 4:37pm
Well, if Vintage Don and "Scratch" Steve are going, I need to be there in person to defend myself!  I hope you can hitch a ride Steve!  I'll bring a case of "Wagoneer beer" (because it's the only beer with a jeep vehicle on the can that I can find and I loved the 3 wagoneers I had over the years, and the beer ain't so bad either!). 
Review: Founders Brewing All Day IPA Session Ale - Drinkhacker

Edited by JAB - 03 Jan. 2022 at 4:41pm
GR8GPN2U!
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 6:03pm
I've been asked about lodging options in my area so I have added hotel options to the end my original post.

JAB... definitely bring some of that beer Thumbs Up
Joe DeYoung

Vintage Don View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan. 2022 at 9:19pm
Motel Reservations made, both nights.

Edited by Vintage Don - 03 Jan. 2022 at 9:46pm
nofender View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nofender Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 3:47pm
well.....the stars just aren't aligning this year. I'm incredibly disappointed I won't be able to make it out this year. Everyone have fun! And thank you Joe yet again for putting on a great event! 
46 CJ2a rockcrawler
46 CJ2a - 26819
46 Bantam T3c "4366"
47 Bantam T3C - 11800
68-ish CJ5
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2022 at 4:23pm
Sorry to hear that. We will miss you>
Fltfndr
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
damar2yxr View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote damar2yxr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan. 2022 at 5:25pm
I'm Coming.......it's really far, but dag nabbit I'll be there.Big smile
eat,sleep,jeep

Proud father of a Marine, Army Dentist, Navy Pilot and a Princess. LIFE IS GOOD!
43MB,47CJ2-A,48CJ2-A X2,70Jeepster Commando 1/2 cab,84CJ-7,
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2022 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

So if you want something machined or fixed, please contact me in advance to discuss your needs and how we can best fit it into the day. Some examples of quick machining for the day would be reaming bushings to fit a shaft, removing broken fasteners, milling a surface flat, repairing buggered up threads, pressing bearings in/out... that kind of stuff.

Hey, Joe -

I've got a manifold set from an L-134 that has one 'stuck' bolt holding the exhaust and intake together (the other 3 are out) - and the threads are stripped out of the hole for the stud which holds on the exhaust pipe. Got time for that if I bring it? Thanks

JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2022 at 11:19am

After much thought and pondering I've decided to host Jeeps in January 2022. The one day event will take place on Saturday January 29, 2022 at my shop...

Mad City Manufacturing
2301 Advance Road
Madison, WI 53718

I will be at the shop by 6 am and people are welcome to come as early as they wish..................... 

There isn't any formal swap meet spaces available but feel free to bring some jeep related items that others may want to buy.

...............I look forward to seeing you at the end of January,
Joe

I'd like to bring some "not worth the expense of shipping" CJ parts I aquired over the years.  I may stuff some other stuff in the bronze bus (my suburban) as well if that's OK.  

GR8GPN2U!
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2022 at 4:10pm
[/QUOTE]

Hey, Joe -

I've got a manifold set from an L-134 that has one 'stuck' bolt holding the exhaust and intake together (the other 3 are out) - and the threads are stripped out of the hole for the stud which holds on the exhaust pipe. Got time for that if I bring it? Thanks

[/QUOTE]

Sure Don, I can take care of that for you. Will you need it reassembled and intake/exhaust flanges machined?
Joe DeYoung

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2022 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by nofender nofender wrote:

well.....the stars just aren't aligning this year. I'm incredibly disappointed I won't be able to make it out this year. Everyone have fun! And thank you Joe yet again for putting on a great event! 

I appreciate your efforts to try and make it Andy. You will be missed. 
Joe DeYoung

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vintage Don Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jan. 2022 at 7:51pm

Sure Don, I can take care of that for you. Will you need it reassembled and intake/exhaust flanges machined?

Joe, I'll be completely thrilled with just getting those two fastener issues resolved - I can happily take it from there!
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2022 at 11:46am
Reservations made at the Days Inn for jpet and I...we stayed there last time...

Hoping for warmer temps and less snow this time around!
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jan. 2022 at 4:22pm
Me too! at Days Inn
Fltfndr

Edited by Fltfndr - 11 Jan. 2022 at 5:18pm
Fltfndr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>