Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Jeeps in January 2023 - Event Date: 28 Jan. 2023

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scratch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 12:01am
I hope somebody got some videos of the trail ride!
43 GPW 93487 Blk
44 GPW 230283 OD
46 CJ2A 50100 Tan
46 CJ2A 77632 Wht
47 CJ2A 141681 Grn
48 CJ2A 156240 Red/Yel
48 CJ2A "Lefty" 181341 Red
61 CJ5 123120 Tan
03 TJ Inca Gld
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 12:24am
I'm going to pile on LOL  Thanks Joe for providing the venue and welcoming us all in out of the cold!  This is always a well timed and much needed getaway... and much appreciated.

Great catching up Thumbs Up
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 12:37am
I just got home...

Thanks Again Joe.

I owe you...
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 12:58pm
Thank you all for coming to JIJ 2023 and the kind words. I'm always so amazed at how far people come for a one day event in less than ideal travel conditions. I appreciate you all so much!!. I hope eveyone made it home without incident. I don't allow just any body to roam freely about my shop but the flat fender crowd is always so respectful, trust worthy, and a pleasure to have in my shop. I personally had a great time seeing everyone engaged in what seemed like endless conversations and having people drive my jeep around the shop grounds in the snow was fun to see too. I know the snow was kind of a PITA towards the end of the day, but it did add a twist to the fun on some level. There were several activities that I didn't get to that I had planned but the day goes by so fast and they never materialized. It didn't seem to matter much so hopefully now one is disappointed.

I didn't pull this event off all by myself so I'd like to thank those that came early to help put. There is so much to do prior to the event as well as during the event, and every hand really helps take a load off of me. So, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to all!!! In particular, I like to thank Bob, Scott, and Jonah for camping out in my shop for three days helping out with whatever I wanted done and tasks that I didn't even know I needed done. You guys are great. The smoked pork with all the fixings was brought my Mike all the way from the east coast. Thank you so much for your generosity!! Because of that, Dave Groh didn't have to man a grill in the freezing cold like last year. We both thank you. Big smile 

I'd like to thank Luke Schimmel for putting on the casting demonstration. That was fantastic!! He's truly a professional that knows what he's taking about and does such a great job of presenting info to us. I know I learned a lot about the casting process and now have an clue as to what goes into making a functional casting verses a casting for looks. Thank You Luke!! He does this stuff on the side out of his house, so consider contacting him if you need something cast. 

Lastly, I was so busy running around that I regrettably didn't take hardly any pics of the event. If people in attendance have pics, please post them for others to see. Thank you in advance.

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Bill Norris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Norris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan. 2023 at 1:48pm
Joe,

Thanks for a fun event. Always learn ALOT at these things and have a great time.

I especially wanted to thank you for all the grief moving your Jeeps around for me so I could get a better look at them.  Its always interesting to see the real McCoy for various Jeep Approved Accessories. You can't find those just anywhere.

Bill
Holy Toledo! Jeep Calendars and the Dispatcher Jeep magazine

http://dispatchermagazine.com
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 12:45pm
Anybody else in attendance at Jeeps in January come down with the flu or cold symtons (cough, fever, etc). I got it Wed and getting worse. Just trying to determine where I might have picked it up

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 2:54pm
Nothing over here. 
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 3:19pm
All's good in MA Cool
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 6:58pm
I’m as good as ever too. 
GR8GPN2U!
48walker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 9:23pm
Well, my wife had symptoms Sunday, and tested positive Monday for Covid. I started feeling off Tuesday, and just tested positive. 
I don't know where or when we picked it up. I hope I didn't bring it to Madison and pass it on to anyone, or get it there from someone who didn't know they had it. 
If anyone else is feeling sick, might be a good idea to get checked.
Hope you feel better soon Fltfndr 

Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 9:49pm
No COVID signs here.
48cj2a View Drop Down
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Bantam Trailer Moderator
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 48cj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb. 2023 at 11:14pm
Good all week here
Art C USAF (Retired)

47 CJ2A #134955 Project
48 CJ2A #206759
62 L6226 Station Wagon #58167 10900
45 T3-C #191 Project
http://www.bantamt3c.com
http://www.48cj2a.com
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb. 2023 at 12:52am
Patty and I both tested negative for Covid about noon today, but we still have bad coughs and flu like symtoms

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Feb. 2023 at 7:51am
I'm feeling fine
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Schimms15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Schimms15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2023 at 1:12am
As we get closer to this years Jeeps in January, Id like to ask if anyone is interested in a demo like last year?

This year I thought I could do any of the following-

1. showing how to get setup in 3D CAD software to draw your own parts ( i would bring a part and draw it as a live demo throughout the day)

2. Bring a 3D printer and print some parts explaining the advantages of the various printers, SLS, SLA, FDM, etc.

3. Heat treats of steels or aluminums ( i could bring a furnace and some equipment to show how to harden a part and the pitfalls of what makes something break, like a welded leaf spring). I could also explain what the numbers on aluminums and steels mean, A36, 1018, 4140, 356-T6

4. how to start casting at home- what you need and what to look out for. 

If any of those seem interesting to anyone please send me a PM or reply to this post. 

Edited by Schimms15 - 01 Nov. 2023 at 1:13am
46 2a
51 truck project named Karen
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2023 at 11:33am
I'd pick #5... all of the above Big smile

but if i can pic only one it would be #2. 
Joe DeYoung

JAB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JAB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2023 at 12:44pm
I’d go in reverse order. My 1st choice would be 5, then 4, then 3, down to 1. Thanks for asking for input!
GR8GPN2U!
Lee MN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov. 2023 at 2:11pm
How about Joe starting a 2024 thread 🧵 and Luke bringing everything 👍🏽 BTW I will be there

Lee
               LEE
44 GPW-The Perfected Willys
49 2A
“If you wait, you only get older”
67 M715
American Made Rolling History
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4567>