Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe DeYoung's Tools and Parts Listing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeeper50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2022 at 12:30pm
I am interested in the top bow mandrel for reshaping the pocket at the rear corner 

Belleview ol skool winch soon.
'48 CJ2A 283 V8 sm 420 granny low, tera low D18, overdrive,lockers

Texan at heart,Alabama by retirement

skneprath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote skneprath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar. 2022 at 1:41pm
I am looking to buy your version of the W-251 seal puller.  How do I purchase one?

1948 CJ2A
Brandon Hay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brandon Hay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 9:01am
I'm also looking to buy the Miller W-251 pinion seal puller for my CJ-2a? How do I purchase?
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 9:12am
I can be reached by PM or emailed at joedeyoung@madcitymfg.com

Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Joe DeYoung Joe DeYoung wrote:

May I add that as a fellow machinist, that Joe's machining on the puller is a work of art and it works great. Operation of the puller is flawless and the seal is out in about a minute.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A wrote:

May I add that as a fellow machinist, that Joe's machining on the puller is a work of art and it works great. Operation of the puller is flawless and the seal is out in about a minute.

My puller should be here today, can't wait to try it out!
 Gotta be way better than drilling holes in the seal body & pulling (maybe) with a slide hammer.
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2022 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

My puller should be here today, can't wait to try it out!
 Gotta be way better than drilling holes in the seal body & pulling (maybe) with a slide hammer.

Oh, way better!
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 8:03am

Mine arrived yesterday & I had the transfer case output seal pulled cleanly in no time.
 This tool IS a work of art, very nicely made.  This is a must have tool for anyone to tinkers with old Jeeps.  Bravo Joe!
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 11:00am
....Pictures?....

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 1:26pm

#28 Transfer case output seal puller (works for axle pinion seals, also)

Edited by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A - 06 May 2022 at 3:34pm

Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 1:42pm

#28 Transfer case output seal puller (works for axle pinion seals, also)

Edited by SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A - 06 May 2022 at 3:29pm

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

....Pictures?....

Smile  It’s almost identical to the one shown in the Service Manual, illustration #205 on page 179. 
  You DO have a service manual, don’t you?  WinkLOL
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 2:17pm
I do.....but actually the purpose of the question was to maybe (since Joe's catalog, as it is, isn't illustrated...that I know of) help illustrate or highlight through pictures in this thread the different tools he makes as people order them.

Guess I shouldn't try to help so much, huh? Wink

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Bruce W View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bruce W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2022 at 3:30pm
  No, you’re fine, and your motive is commendable. I just wanted to give you a little grief. Wink
BW 
It is NOT a Jeep Willys! It is a Willys jeep.

Happy Trails! Good-bye, Good Luck, and May the Good Lord Take a Likin' to You!

We Have Miles to Jeep, Before We Sleep.
bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2022 at 1:13pm
Warn hub wrench? to turn the selector dial. yes it sucks trying to turn stiff dials especially in the cold. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
cpt logger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpt logger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov. 2022 at 3:52pm
Originally posted by rocnroll rocnroll wrote:

I do.....but actually the purpose of the question was to maybe (since Joe's catalog, as it is, isn't illustrated...that I know of) help illustrate or highlight through pictures in this thread the different tools he makes as people order them.

Guess I shouldn't try to help so much, huh? Wink

Or you could volunteer to make pictures available for Joe. Offer to post them for him. He might take pictures & send them to you, or he might just be too busy making these tools to do that.

Heck, if everyone who bought a tool from Joe posted pictures of them on this thread, it will go quickly. The pictures would have to include the part number & name of the tool, so idiots like me can figure out which one is which. 

Note: I am NOT volunteering. OTOH, When I buy a tool of Joe's making I will learn how to post pictures & post one of it. I think my flip phone can take pictures, another thing to learn. 
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2022 at 9:17am
Originally posted by bight bight wrote:

Warn hub wrench? to turn the selector dial. yes it sucks trying to turn stiff dials especially in the cold. 

That's a good one and I'm sure much needed. Even with that being a super easy one, I am up to my eyeball with so many other things that I'm reluctant to start any new projects until I get current commitments done.  
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2022 at 9:58am
Originally posted by cpt logger cpt logger wrote:

Heck, if everyone who bought a tool from Joe posted pictures of them on this thread, it will go quickly.

Which was actually what I was suggesting...not that Joe should be illustrating the catalog himself.

Edited by rocnroll - 06 Dec. 2022 at 2:08pm
'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>