Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > CJ2A Page Member Created Parts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Joe DeYoung's Tools and Parts Listing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2022 at 10:28am
Originally posted by bight bight wrote:

Warn hub wrench? to turn the selector dial. yes it sucks trying to turn stiff dials especially in the cold. 

I just use my pliers if my fingers can’t manage the task. During the winter months in cold climates (Alaskan interior) I just left the hubs locked. I would have recommended that practice for anyone north of Kansas 30 years ago but winters don’t seem as bad these days. 
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Dec. 2022 at 10:46am
I always told my driveline shop customers that if they anticipated cold weather and were going to be using their rig in four wheel drive to lock in the hubs while they were relatively warm. Just because the dial says it is locked in doesn't necessarily mean that the gears inside have actually moved into a locked position. When it is cold the grease inside the hub doesn't always allow the gears to engage fully. I have replaced more than one customers hub locks because they weren't fully engaged before they put the power to them. Once the hub locks are stripped they don't engage reliably any more. Most of my customers fed cattle with their trucks and unless they were doing more driving than from pasture to pasture they just left the hubs locked in during the winter. I recommend this.

If you are driving through hub deep mud or water I would recommend leaving them locked in because of the chance that water would freeze in the hub lock. A spring time thaw gives a chance to take them off and clean the gunk out and re-grease the innards.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Wallm38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wallm38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jan. 2023 at 3:17pm
Hi I would like to buy the oil seal puller W-251 if you have one available thanks. Wally
Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2023 at 8:40am
Hi Wally, send me a PM with your request. I'm not on the page as much anymore but will keep an eye out for your request.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

Wallm38 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wallm38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan. 2023 at 9:04am
Im looking for the seal puller used on the dana18 transfer case W-251 or miller C-748 also used to remove pinion seals as well
WellFedHobo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WellFedHobo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2023 at 8:51pm
Another satisfied customer. This distributor wrench worked perfectly after 2 weeks of letting some penetrating oil soak down. 10 minutes of setup and smacking it with a small dead blow hammer back and forth and it came right out.

Brad
1948 CJ2A #158011 "Sunk Cost Fallacy"
1945 T3-C #1431
rocnroll View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocnroll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr. 2023 at 9:14pm
Thanks for the picture post.

'47 CJ2A PU
'48 CJ2A Lefty

"Common sense is not that common"
garcia63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garcia63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2023 at 3:50pm
One more happy customer! Sprayed down the shaft and a week later a couple of taps with the hammer and out it came after 40 years of sitting, perfect tool.

Edited by garcia63 - 29 May 2023 at 3:51pm
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 7:12pm
Garcia,
Thanks for the positive post and I'm glad the tool helped you out, but I notice that you have it clamped on the top portion of the dizzy which is a big no no. That area is weak and prone to breaking so for those  seeing this post, don't clamp the tool in that location. It is designed to clamp on the bottom part of the dizzy between that tag and oil port were it is much stronger.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

garcia63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garcia63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2023 at 7:23pm
Uh uh! Lucky it didn’t break, gonna use it again thanks for the info!!
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2023 at 2:22pm
Another M38 steering wheel removed after 70 years of use and abuse.

dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2023 at 7:57pm
Joe’s tools are the bomb. 
Can’t say enough about the pinion seal removal tool. 

1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 July 2023 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by dasvis dasvis wrote:

Joe’s tools are the bomb. 
Can’t say enough about the pinion seal removal tool. 

X2
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 July 2023 at 11:19am
X3 particularly on the distributor tool which works better than anything I have used in the past.

I have used mine 3 times, and about to use it on another engine with a stuck distributor. 

I used to use a vice grip chain wrench for this but this tool works much better and doesn't damage the housing if clamped on in proper location. The chain wrench would sometimes slip and chew up the housing.
If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
midastouch_73 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midastouch_73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug. 2023 at 2:14am
I’d like to purchase tool #28 & 29.
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug. 2023 at 10:25am
PM sent
Joe DeYoung

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234