Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just a few upgrades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ajax25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just a few upgrades
    Posted: 18 Oct. 2022 at 1:42am
Had some new tires put on a couple of weeks ago. Went with more of a mud tire instead of an all terrain given that this is primarily my hunting vehicle. Then I finally got my winch mounted and installed. I know it’s not much of a winch but I’m not super adventurous and it’s only meant to pull me out of the mud or snow not anyone else. Maybe eventually I’ll upgrade and throw that one on a side by side when I get one. 

Elk camp is in 2 weeks and during thar trip last year is when I realized I really need to put some TLC into my jeep and since then I’ve learned a ton about it and about done a bunch of stuff I’ve never done before. I figured out wiring problems, replaced an alternator, replaced a fuel pump. Learned about distributors by wiring it wrong then figuring that out haha. I learned how to install and wire a winch. I put in new spark plugs, changed the oil twice because the fuel pump failed, replaced the air filter, (I knew how to do those things already) replaced the heater and wired in a cigarette lighter to be able to charge my phone. Then there’s the simple but convenient things like adding in a magnet phone holder so I can use my speedometer app since my gauge doesn’t work, adding a couple of cheap push on magnetic lights inside so we can see in the cab on those early mornings headed up the mtn from the cabin. 

There’s still a few more things I’d like to do but for now it’s running sooo much better than last year and I’m so excited to enjoy it.

I think my favorite part though is that I had never done more thsn change the oil and replace a spark plug or 2 and the only thing I didn’t do myself was put the new tires on. 

Edited by ajax25 - 18 Oct. 2022 at 1:47am
 Post Reply Post Reply