Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just wanted to say Hey yall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just wanted to say Hey yall
    Posted: 06 June 2009 at 1:52am
   I've been lurking for a while now have enjoyed all you post now down to business.
I just got a 48 cj2a basket case preety much all there with usual rust and all other common problems Not really looking to restore but just something to tinker with.
  so here is my first ? The motor is not org. but is from a later model has been rblt have the starter
in the shop right now going set the eng. and trans back in this weekend it's a 53 model over head valve are these motor any good? do I need to look at finding the org.L head or will The f Head be ok thanks in advance for any help

Mikel St.John
lowenuf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lowenuf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 1:55am
Welcome :)

1st. if you are placing an F head in, you will need to cut a hole in the orignal 48 hood for carb clearance.....  F-heads are good engines, but were designed for CJ3B's that had a higher hood..

2nd. a good running L-134 would be a drop in, if it was for a CJ2A, and not a CJ3A....3A front engine plate is different...

sounds like you have a game plan.....post up some pics, many here will help/answer questions in any way they can :)

low
45 #10012
45 #10033 ACM #47
45 #10163 ACM #188
57 CJ5    Dauntless V6, T-18 4-speed, D-44 rear/D-30 front, D-20 twin stick

stjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 2:04am
  The motor has been in the jeep already I'm ssure all motor mods have been done (Right I hope ) as far as the carb goes it has been replaced w/ a  holly I hope that solves the problem But i will know 2morrow thanks for the imfo going to get the pics right now I see yall like pics also

MIke
stjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 4:39am

Here are some Pics of my jeep if I did this wrong could a adm. please fix it yhank you
stjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2009 at 4:42am
Hey it worked it only took me 2 1/2 hours to figure out how to do it (I need a life LOL)
MIke
 Post Reply Post Reply