Forum Home Forum Home > The CJ2A Parts Project > Parts List > Non-Willys Accessories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

K and K Mower Bar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hillbilly21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 1:39am
Send it to me  RUSS if your too busy at work to give it the attention it deserves ...WinkWink
1946 CJ2a POW-MIA
51 M38 ORIGINAL
PRES NCFFC
www.eastcoastwillys.org
hillbillystoys.phanfare.co
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 July 2009 at 2:52am
Hey you better stay south of Baltimore! I am just about give the mower some attention.

Russ

43 MB, 48 CJ2A, 50 CJ3A, 55 M38A1, 56 CJ5, 79 M151A2, M100 ,65 M416
russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 6:19pm
Joe, mine measures 23.5 inches in the place where you are asking about. Also yes I would be interested in a set of those springs.

Let me know if you need any more measurements.
Russ

Joe DeYoung View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 July 2009 at 11:14pm
Russ,

Here's a picture of my repairs to the Bubbafied strut arm. I made a new pitman arm as well so that I wouldn't break an original in the field. The original is a pain in the but to get on/off so I took some liberties to make it a bit more user friendly. I figure I can put the original on if I'm at a show or someting like that.

Concerning the above reply... Is 23.5 a typo? That would be way to short for my set up. Mine is at 26". If it was any shorter, I wouldn't be able to tilt the mower bar vertical for transport without binding the pitman arm. In fact, at that extra length, it wouldn't tilt at all. The limiting factor is the length of the pitman arm. My pitman arm is 33" center of ball end to center of ball end. How long is yours. (Boy does that sounds bad) Also, I assumed that the arm I repaired doesn't have any bends in it. Is that correct?

I was looking for an example of a few parts that are not shown. Does your 3 pics at the beginning of the post represent all the pieces to your mower bar?   
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 2:50am
I am 95% sure of the measurement, I will double check tomorrow. I think your angle maybe off plus you are missing some bracing as compared to mine. All the parts I have are in the pictures, I need all of the mounting pieces plus a disconnect arm. Here is another picture of mine so you can see how mine is put together.

k and k mower parts

Edited by russnj - 23 July 2009 at 2:54am

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 July 2009 at 5:59am
Interesting... I didn't notice any evidence of prior welds in that area on mine. I'll have to take a closer look. Do you know the model number of your unit? Perhaps that brace is a feature of a newer model or a later release of the same model as mine. I don't see that brace in my liturature, but the pictures of that area are from an angle that makes it hard to tell for sure.
Joe DeYoung
to many jeeps, parts, and accessories to list here, but apparently enough to keep me in trouble with my wife.

russnj View Drop Down
Admin
Admin
Webmaster

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote russnj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 July 2009 at 3:36am
Here are some more pictures of what I have, that extra plate does not seem to be in the manual.

Pretty close to the 23.5

Here is that extra plate, looks to be a pretty good job.

This shows the angle of that bar.

Another of the extra plate.

Edited by russnj - 24 July 2009 at 3:37am

phlip8910 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote phlip8910 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug. 2009 at 2:00am

There is a fully restored setup similar if not identical to this on the CJ2A home page, CJ2a located section, new york, plattsburgh.  If you have not seen, or have trouble finding the link let me know and I will find link or give more info.

Phlip8910 at y
Grump View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grump Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2020 at 3:17am
I have a k and k mowing machine that I would like to know the value of. 
Can anyone help me with this?
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe DeYoung Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jan. 2020 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Grump Grump wrote:

I have a k and k mowing machine that I would like to know the value of. 
Can anyone help me with this?
That's kind of a tough one to value as there isn't many sales out there to do an appraisal. The last one I know that was for sale was many years ago. I think I remember it being listed for $1200 or so. I have no idea if it sold or not. 
Joe DeYoung

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12