Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Tech Questions and Answers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Kingpin. Race level

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shulls1stcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kingpin. Race level
    Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 8:21pm
so how flush is flush  can't seem to get it to go down any further 
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 9:10pm
I am doing the same job at present although I did notice your problem.  Drop the bearing in and see where it rides.
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 9:26pm
I think you'll find that is seated. None of mine go all the way in.
shulls1stcj2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shulls1stcj2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 9:55pm
Okay thanks guys, I looked on the bottom side and did not look like there is any room for it to go down .  So I will go with it. 
Thanks again 
Steve

SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SE Kansas 46 CJ-2A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb. 2018 at 10:54pm
It isn't unusual to the cup (race) to stick out a little bit on the axle housing. It depended on the way the sphere was machined at the factory. As long as the cup is seated in the hole everything will be OK.
46 CJ-2A #64462 "Ol' Red" (bought April 1969)(second owner)(12 V, 11" brakes, M-38 frame, MD Juan tub)

U.S. Coast Guard Chief Petty Officer(ret.)
U.S. Army Vietnam veteran and damned proud of it.

Qcanuck View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qcanuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb. 2018 at 9:13pm
Id go with it as is, but if you wind up taking it apart again, you might check to see if the seat is still circular.  I had an axle where the seats be ame elongafed parallel to the axle tube due to wear. If stretched that wY it has too narrow in the opposite plane, whjch might result in the seating issue? Pure speculation on my part. Im not an automotive eengineer!
 Post Reply Post Reply