Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Koenig half cab question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocahaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Koenig half cab question
    Posted: 22 Dec. 2019 at 11:23pm
I have a Koenig half cab for my 46 CJ2A.  The top has been modified by a prior owner who cut an unknown amount from the side/rear corner panels.  Does anyone have access to an original and uncut top and would be willing to measure from the bottom of the rain gutter to the point the top meets the body?  I would like to restore the top as close to original that I can.  Thanks for any and all help.

Ron

JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2019 at 2:18am
Mine happens to be apart for painting. That outside panel on mine measures 27" tall x 11 1/8" wide. Keep in mind the cap covers the top 1/2" (approx) of the corners and back panel - at least it does on mine and I believe mine has not been modified. Also, that panel had the Keonig plate on it. If not, probably has 4 small holes in the lower left. John
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec. 2019 at 2:42pm
I'm curious about this too.  My Koenig half cab had patch panels put in the bottom  too.  I think it was modified for a later jeep as it is a couple inches too tall for the doors to align properly.  I ended up using soft doors to make due.  
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
JohnB View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2019 at 1:59am

Photos of my Koenig 1/2 cab after metal working and before painting. My corners were in pretty good shape. The center back - between the wheel wells was rusted at the bottom so I replaced the lower 6" of this panel. Note, top is attached to a 3A windshield frame on an early '47 jeep. Let me know if anyone needs dimensions off of this top. John
rocahaja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rocahaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec. 2019 at 6:13pm
Thanks for the replies and measurements. I’ll post my measurements when I’m further along.  Thanks again.
 Post Reply Post Reply