Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Koenig metal top, what is it worth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote binthere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Koenig metal top, what is it worth
    Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 12:12am

I took a full metal Koenig top off my 3B when I got it. It has a little rust, a few small dents, one side window is broken but still there and it has a lovely broom finish paint job! I know I will never use it, and have someone interested in it. Just wondering what would be a fair asking price for it?

thanks

Edited by binthere - 21 Sep. 2018 at 10:23pm
chuck
1953 CJ3B "a fistfull of dollars"
1949 willys jeepster "a few dollars more"
and a few other retirement toys

Unkamonkey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unkamonkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep. 2018 at 12:32am
Originally posted by binthere binthere wrote:

I took a full metal Koenig top off my 3B when I got it. It has a little rust, a few small dents, one side window is broken but still there and it has a lovely broom finish paint job! I know I will never use it, and have someone interested in it. Just wondering what would be a fair asking price for it?

thanks

Years ago I paid $250.00 for one. Real tinted glass and everything was there. They are heavy buggers.
uncamonkey
ralf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ralf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep. 2018 at 2:02am
Free. I have a half cab given to me. Come and get it.

Ralph
1947 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee Tractor

1941 J-3 Cub
1957 Farmall Cub Low Boy tractor
1942 Clarktor WW2 tug
Greaser007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Greaser007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 4:47am
   I just saw a Koenig full top with doors for sale on Craigslist yesterday and it was listed for $500 and for sale after 30-days.

My first CJ2A had a nice one on it, but I never used it, and sold it.

I am sure there is someone out there who will have a use for it. The nice thing is a guy can Lock-them.
Rus Curtis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rus Curtis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Dec. 2018 at 2:58pm
Originally posted by Unkamonkey Unkamonkey wrote:

.... They are heavy buggers.

Yes, they are - and I would remove it and re-install it by myself.

I had one that came with my jeep.  I'm mixed about a choice to scrap it decades ago.  What I didn't like about it was all the holes randomly drilled around the w/s frame (and the holes in the tub) to attach it.  It was noisy and an ice box in the winter/ an oven in the summer.  Good protection for the interior.

If I may be blunt, it's worth exactly what a buyer is willing to pay.  So far, you know it could fall between $0.00 and $500.00.  Condition and location will have a lot to do with the price.
Rus Curtis
Alabama
1954 CJ3B
Bantam T3-C
 Post Reply Post Reply