Forum Home Forum Home > Suggestions, Comments and Testing > Product Review Forum > Steering
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

KWAS dana 25 replacement knuckles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: KWAS dana 25 replacement knuckles
    Posted: 23 Sep. 2021 at 7:30pm
How are the reproduction dana 25 steering knuckles in terms of strength/ quality.
Between both of mine 10 of the 12 spindle bolt holes are stripped out.
1952 M38-CDN
flatfender47 View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flatfender47 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2021 at 9:07pm
Keep them and do the knuckle stud conversion.
Your knuckles are prime candidates for the condition you describe.
1947 CJ2A 225V6 SM420 D30 PLok/D44 D/Locker Warn OD 5:38s
Noah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Noah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Sep. 2021 at 9:12pm
That's what I would like to do but there's not much thread left for the button head screws or do I go up one bolt size.

Edited by Noah - 23 Sep. 2021 at 9:15pm
1952 M38-CDN
Fltfndr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fltfndr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct. 2021 at 11:45am
Can't believe no one has replied to your post. I have done it and it works great.  IMHO don't worry about the lack of threads. The cap on the screw and the nut on the spindle side should secure everything.  The only issue would be if the threads are completely hogged out and the cap won't tighten uo against the knuckle.

Fltfndr
Fltfndr
1948 CJ2A Restomod "Six Pac"
The object of war is not to die for your country, but make the other bastard die for his. George S. Patton
 Post Reply Post Reply