Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

LED HEADLIGHTS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: LED HEADLIGHTS
    Posted: 24 Apr. 2022 at 12:17pm
 Hello
Wanting your thoughts on these LED headlight & turn signal setups.  Not necessary the brand shown, but this style of headlight system overall.  I have to rewire the whole CJ-2A and will go to a 12V system. Need to replace ALL lights and gauges and install a steering column with a turn signal switch as well. So, I can go LED or conventional. Has anyone installed them?      

7 Round Cree LED Headlight with White DRL Halo Ring Angel Eyes+Amber Turn Signal Light For Jeep Wrangler JK TJ CJ DOT Approved
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
SlowPoke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SlowPoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2022 at 12:26pm
Good morning, I have led headlights and tail lights, in my Jeep. Also  a aftermarket steering column.
I will try to get any info you need if you like. I have a huge file for the entire build. Regards, Slowpoke
jeepsterjim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepsterjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr. 2022 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by SlowPoke SlowPoke wrote:

Good morning, I have led headlights and tail lights, in my Jeep. Also  a aftermarket steering column.
I will try to get any info you need if you like. I have a huge file for the entire build. Regards, Slowpoke

Would like to see and read about your build. If possible, post up your build in the "YOUR  JEEP PROJECT" area. 
Thanks, Jim
Jim
CJ-2A - 81299
duffer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr. 2022 at 11:21am
For the turn signals/parking lights you can just swap to the LED bulbs.

I have KC "Gravity" LED headlights in my JK that I looked at for swapping into the 3B buckets.  I think you will have to open up the backs to clear the plug.  You may have to do that anyway just to allow heat dissipation.  Those light assemblies do fit the standard 7" sealed beam 3B headlight retaining ring/mounts.
1955 3B: 441sbc,AGE 4 speed transmission, Teralow D18w/Warn OD, 4.11:1 D44's/ARB's, glass tub & fenders, aluminum hood/grill, 8274, York OBA, Premier Power Welder; 67 CJ5: 225,T86AA, D18, 4.88's, OD
 Post Reply Post Reply