Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Let's see your paint jobs!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Hedrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 12:04am
Some good looking jeeps on here. i would love to have a jeep painted the same green as my kawasaki mule. its kind of a dark forest green.
Mb modified 47 cj2a
Nice original 47 cj2a
Basket case 48 cj2a
I got the Willys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote I got the Willys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 12:29am

47 CJ2A, 51 Willys PU,his and hers 99 XJ 5 speed 4x4
Willys Jeep,what the victorious US troops drove into Tokyo
Oldwillys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldwillys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 2:41am
Originally posted by WVCAHILLBILLY WVCAHILLBILLY wrote:

Originally posted by Oldwillys Oldwillys wrote:

I hope more post,my wife is pressing me to paint mine Kawasaki green green unless I find something else.

Then yours could compete with mine! Hope to get mine done back to Pasture Green in spring.

Oh man! I showed your jeep to my wife,that's what she wants,it looks great.
garage gnome View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garage gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 3:01am
Originally posted by Hugh Hedrick Hugh Hedrick wrote:

Some good looking jeeps on here. i would love to have a jeep painted the same green as my kawasaki mule. its kind of a dark forest green.

Like this?

Nate
1953 3A, 1949 3A, 1947 2A, 1918 IHC Titan 10-20, 1905 IHC Famous, other hit n misses
Hugh Hedrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Hedrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 3:03am
Yup thats it. thats the color the jeep will be?
Mb modified 47 cj2a
Nice original 47 cj2a
Basket case 48 cj2a
garage gnome View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garage gnome Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 3:07am
Yep, Forest Service green!
Nate
1953 3A, 1949 3A, 1947 2A, 1918 IHC Titan 10-20, 1905 IHC Famous, other hit n misses
Hugh Hedrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hugh Hedrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec. 2013 at 3:11am
Thats going to look great! same color as the bed on my mule. i may do the same some day.
Mb modified 47 cj2a
Nice original 47 cj2a
Basket case 48 cj2a
redwilly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redwilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2013 at 1:29am
I LIKE that Luzon red and black, my favorite combo.....
Rule #1....Don't Ever take a sleeping pill and a laxative at the same time on the same night.....
regor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2013 at 12:50pm
Original Pasture Green.

Bedrock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bedrock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2013 at 4:01pm
Here is mine.  I used semi-gloss OD from Gillespie.
George

'51 3A #43951
mogger7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mogger7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2013 at 6:40pm
the closest I could get to picket gray backin the 80's so if any one has a miz for the orig. picket gray let me know
mogger7
mogger7
bill641 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bill641 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec. 2013 at 8:29pm
I also am using the luzon for my base color on my 48 cj2a. My wheel color is universal beige. Dupont and Ditzler no longer make the color, for the new paint. I have the old color DGE-80364 & DAL-80364 for Ditzter. If I knew what shade this color was I could maybe match it. The pictures of luzon dont do it justice. It was a surprise when it was mixed. Do you have the name of that paint shop?  Thanks! bill
Medic83 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Medic83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2013 at 8:14pm
It's not exactly a stock color for a cj, but it is New Holland Blue with metallic silver lettering, wheels, and stripes.  Interior and chassis is semi-gloss black.  This is one stage tractor paint, not base clear.  The paint has held up extremely well considering all the branches and limbs that have been in my way.  
1946 Willys Jeep 12954

If common sense is so common, how come it's so hard to find?

There is a fine line between bravery and stupidity, and you've done past stupid.
BENSH View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BENSH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec. 2013 at 11:55pm
This is the latest pic of my 45'. I need seat covers made but colors will pretty much
stay same. I'm planning on painting my Bantam the same with Hunters Green ext.
and black int. Wheels and tires are all black, no whitewalls or letters. I've really gotten
into KBS paints this summer. Did all the wheels the same on both and I really like the
stuff. I think its a lot tougher than powder coating. It is a longer process but as dad
always likes to say "Harder than a hammer in hell!"

My jeep is all hand painted either from a can or brushed on. It may not look the greatest
up close, sort of like some old farmer did it out in the barn - yep!
    1945 CJ2a 11495
X47CJ2a View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote X47CJ2a Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2014 at 6:18pm
Restoration shop's version of Luzon Red.  My version of Universal beige wheels, which I later found were WAY too light.  Universal beige is more of a gold color.  I have an original Nason color chart which I acquired after they were painted.  The look too good (with great job pinstripping) to change them now.
There are some incredibly well-done Jeeps shown here.  And some that are gorgeous just because they are Jeeps.

oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2014 at 7:34pm
Having never painted anything, other than a house, I checked the local body shops and found out that the price was way high so I looked to the forum, got my nerve up and tried my hand.  One reason for going with a military look was simplicity.  I figured I would try and match the local B17.  Having a new Repli tub that they claimed had a good primer coat already, I took them at their word, bought a 1 part acrylic lusterless enamel OD and sprayed away.  Turned out to be fun and a year later the paint is still where I put it. 

T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
regor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2014 at 7:43pm
Looks great Terry! Nice flat fender!! Is that beautiful B-17 at Harlingen?   

oldracer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldracer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jan. 2014 at 8:27pm
Now days she has her own hanger at the Tomball Jet Center at Hooks in Houston.  She comes up to Lonestar Executive to practice with the Tora Tora Tora guys airshow act. 
T. Nick
If it's not broke, work on it till it is!

48 CJ2A #192834 "Grunt"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>