Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Jeep Photos and Stories
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Long History

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long History
    Posted: 12 Sep. 2005 at 10:09pm

Just wanted to pass this neat little story on. When I was 10, my Dad bought a 1948 Willys CJ2A basket case. He had a plan to drop in a Ford smallblock 260 in it.This was in 1983. The jeep stayed a basket case for several years, but come 1988, when I was starting to get close to getting a license, he decided that my first car would be the jeep...with an original flathead in it to keep me out of trouble. In order to get the jeep, I had to actively partake in the entire overhaul. We finished in 1989, and I took my drivers license test in the Willys, much to the chagrin of the examiner, as he had never seen a jeep that old before.

Two years later, desiring speed and sex symbol, I gave the jeep back to dad and bought a 65 Mustang. When I graduated, I went in the service, and moved away.

I began looking for another jeep in 2000, dad wouldn't give my old jeep back, but come 2004, I finally talked him into it. One year later, my old Willy's, nicknamed Ma-Deuce, will be done soon, with all the equipment I had on it in 1989. Many fond memories are waiting to be revisited soon, and new adventures are on the threshold!

I don't think I'll let her go again!

Post Reply Post Reply