Forum Home Forum Home > Buying, Selling or Trading > Wanted to Buy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for a flat fender project in PNW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcm971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for a flat fender project in PNW
    Posted: 23 May 2023 at 2:41pm
Hey everyone,

New to the group and I’ve been on the hunt for a flat fender project for a little while now. I’m in Yamhill County, Oregon, and wanted a way to get the word out. If you’re in the Pacific Northwest in general, western oregon or Washington, and know of any leads, i’de really appreciate the help. I’m not looking for a restoration project, just something as close to original as I can get that I can rip around in the mountains with. I expect to put some elbow grease in. 
Thanks again,
Dakota
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by dmcm971 dmcm971 wrote:

Hey everyone,
New to the group and I’ve been on the hunt for a flat fender project for a little while now. I’m in Yamhill County, Oregon, and wanted a way to get the word out. If you’re in the Pacific Northwest in general, western oregon or Washington, and know of any leads, i’de really appreciate the help. I’m not looking for a restoration project, just something as close to original as I can get that I can rip around in the mountains with. I expect to put some elbow grease in. 
Thanks again,
Dakota

Hi Dakota, and welcome!
Don't know how much "ripping" can be done with the L134 motor......LOL

.....but, just so we don't waste time sending you pointers to possibles, what's the top end of your budget look like?

I assume you've been looking at the common jeep sites that list flat-fenders for sale ---- like eWillys.com and Willysforsale.com?
You might also call one of the great jeep parts vendors, Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts (Medford OR) for leads?

And there's always bringatrailer.com
Here's a nice, no reserve 1946 CJ2A https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1946-willys-cj-2a-4/

Good luck!
Enjoy the ride, but hang on to your wallet!

Edited by Ron D - 23 May 2023 at 7:23pm
1951 M38
1951 M100
willys54wagon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote willys54wagon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:10pm
Two jeeps on the road, one is close and the rest are dreams.
Ron D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 9:15pm
Originally posted by Ron D Ron D wrote:

I assume you've been looking at the common jeep sites that list flat-fenders for sale ---- like eWillys.com and Willysforsale.com?
Good luck!
Enjoy the ride, but hang on to your wallet!

There must be an echo in here.....LOL
1951 M38
1951 M100
Mark W. View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2023 at 11:10pm
WOW I am Paving Moore Valley Road in Yamhill right now. Small world. I know where there are a number of CJ-2A and 3A's between Silverton and Yamhill. But now for sale. Have you tried Craigslist and Facebook market place both tend to have offerings from around Western Oregon.

If you open up the search distance there are quite a few currently on FB Market place.

If i see anything for sale I will let you know. I also know where there are a couple barn finds type Willys that would require asking the Owner if they want to sell.
Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
dmcm971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcm971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 5:50pm
Hey guys, thanks for the reply’s. I’m always scanning Facebook marketplace, Craigslist and the e-Willy’s type of sites. I’ll checkout the vendor in Medford.

Budget wise, I’m cheap like I image everyone is. But if I could be driving around after 3-5 thousand I would be happy. It’s not really to have a show jeep. I’ve been watching too many of the “Stocker Locker” gang on YouTube (jpetrowich & others) and must’ve caught the bug! Haha

I’ve got this ‘83 f250 I’ve been tinkering with, finishing an axle swap and possibly making a flatbed, with the goal in mind of selling/trading for a little cj.

Mark W. I appreciate you keeping an eye open, and we’ve probably passed by each other a few times if you’re working in Yamhill! 
Frank View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 7:14pm
Dakota,

Here is a 2A on the local Medford Craigs List

To me this is kinda spendee.

I have no association with the seller and will not call on this one, as I have a 452A already and don't need another jeep.

Frank

dmcm971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcm971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 7:37pm
Thanks Frank, I actually texted him a few days ago. He wasn’t interested. Now if I had the cash, I’de offer him a little less than 5k but that’s the condition I’m expecting. Change the seat(s) and then bolt on some 7.5-16 tires and go play! 
dasvis View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dasvis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 8:05pm
From what I have seen in our area, you will likely find a complete non running project Willys for $1200~2500 or a runner in the neighborhood of $5000 & up (usually MUCH more). Personally, I would rather build up a project rig myself so I know the overall condition first hand. But to each their own.
 Cash is king & be sure it comes with a title.  
 I too will keep an eye out for a Willys for you.
1947 CJ2A #88659 "Rat Patrol"
1953 CJ3A #453-GB1 11266 "Black Beauty"
1964 Thunderbird convertible
..... & one of them moves under it's own power!!
dmcm971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcm971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2023 at 9:39pm
Thanks Dasvis 
oldtime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 8:26am
Currently building my final F-134 powered 3B .
T98-A Rock Crawler using exclusive factory parts and Approved Special Equipment from the Willys Motors era (1953-1963)
Zero aftermarket parts

bight View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 8:55am
oh my. that looks very nice especially for the price. 
CJ-2A 72586 tan (stock)
CJ-2A 197624 green (resto-mod)
the wife abides (def: to bear patiently; TOLERATE)
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 9:50am
Defiantly. That will be gone soon even with the jury rigged fuel "cell".
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
dmcm971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcm971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 10:51am
Very nice, sadly a bit too far away. My wife and I were in Moab just last month after the Easter safari, too bad it wasn’t for sale then. 
jhg View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 7:50pm
Gone already.
1948 cj2a. Rebuilt L-head, steering, T90, WO 636, steering, brake lines. So far.
chasendeer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasendeer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 10:56am
I have a couple 2a titles projects in Napa ca. pm me an email or phone number if interested. 
Jay
dmcm971 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmcm971 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2023 at 5:47pm
Thanks Jay, pm sent
Craig1017 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craig1017 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 July 2023 at 11:38am
I have a GPW body sitting on a 3A frame and axles with a rebuilt dauntless v6 coupled to a working trans and D18 xfer case.  it's on YJ springs, spring over axles.  Was in a running/driving jeep a year ago.  Has a set of 31" wheels/tires.  Definitely a project, but would be a very cool GPW.
Clarkston, WA area. I can send pictures. 

Craig 
208-891-2935

Edited by Craig1017 - 09 July 2023 at 11:49am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>