Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > General Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looking for suggestions

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M_Yehling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looking for suggestions
    Posted: 15 Oct. 2005 at 10:15pm

I have found many useful pieces of information on this site and am looking for a little more help.

I am about to begin restoring my 1947 cj2A and was trying to get some suggestions on manuals WITH PHOTOS so I will have the best idea on how parts, gauges, interior, etc were supposed to look.

Thanks, Michael

sean View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2005 at 10:22am
Michael:

Get repros of genuine Willys manuals first.

1) Jeep "Universal" Service Manual. Covers CJ2a thru CJ6A.  The 1965 printing is readily available.  If you find an earlier printing (rare), get it.

2) Willys CJ2A Parts List.  The 1949 printing is most common.  If you can find the 1947 printing (rare), get it.

Most of the online vendors have these manuals.

Sean
Jeff View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jeff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2005 at 8:10pm

the manuals are black and white so interior details such as color or finish is tough to discern.  If you are in doubt after looking at the manuals, ask here.  there are also a lot of pics on the 3B page.  3B's are a close cousin.

Jeff

Mike Gardner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike Gardner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct. 2005 at 10:22pm

mike,

i have put together a bunch of pic. the cj2a's are all in different areas of resto. i also have orig photos and lots of pics of manuals. chech out the www link below if you want. hipe that helps. let me know if i can help out w/ anything.

later

mike g

1945 CJ-2A 11713
1995 YJ 4.0
BC472A105381 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BC472A105381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2005 at 12:39pm

What Sean said! Between those books and this website there's nothing that you can't find!!

This site is the best that I have used for information and help in restoring vehicles. I have restored several Chevelle's a Ford 9N tractor and a few Hodaka's and this group is the BEST!! Don't be afraid to ask for help because you can find it here.

47CJ2A Princeton Black Purchaced new by my Great-Grandfather!!

70 CJ-5 with 8,000lb. Ramsey winch V-6
Ritt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ritt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct. 2005 at 2:48pm
Rit

1948 2A,

"RAISIN COOKIES THAT LOOK LIKE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE MAIN REASON I HAVE TRUST ISSUES"
GaryArf View Drop Down

Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaryArf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct. 2005 at 9:43pm
Michael, A little unasked for advise; Take pics and put anything, nuts, bolts, and parts in a baggy labeled where it came from. It may be awhile untill it's bolted back in it's place. Don't throw anything away as that will be the part you need. The best Manual is another Jeep that is done and complete sitting next to it. That doesn't happen alot, so a pic. on the removale, and a good manual are mandantory. My 2 cents. I'm sure you will always find help here. Good luck and post your progress in pics, it gives us all inspiration. Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply