Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Off-Topic area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Made me some Willys Points today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mark W. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Made me some Willys Points today
    Posted: 11 Jan. 2021 at 11:39pm
So a week or so ago the wife asks if we can get one of them canopies to go in the driveway so she doesn't have to get in the car at 4am to go to work in the pouring rain. Since the Carport has almost reached the structural limit of the crap it will hold I figured spending $200 on a canopy was easier then spending a week trying to figure out what to do with a Table saw Band Saw Sand Blaster 1/4 or a unit of hardie plank the 6 sheets of plywood that should be on the porch floor 2/3 a ton of wood pellets saw horses and the Treager pellet grill along with a whole pile of other stuff I got no where but there to store.

So the thing came the other day. I put off trying to set it up until today it wasn't a total PITA just the normal amount of PITA. Its 10 X 20 and pretty much splits the driveway down the center. Luckily she drives a 2005 Ford Focus not a Suburban LOL. Looks like she can get in and out of the car without water pouring down her neck as well.

I anchored the 3 Poles on the south side to the  Fence on that side of the Driveway with 3 big ZIP ties per post and then the NE post that would be against the front of the Carport I put a couple eye bolts in the wall and Zip tied that post as well.

The stupid little Stakes they provided just bent as I tried pounding them in so I found a couple 8" long 3/8" bolts ground points on the tips and pounded those in. Pretty sure it will handle a 35-40mph wind. But who knows.

Chug A Lug
1948 2A Body Customized
1949 3A W/S
1957 CJ5 Frame Modified
Late 50's 134L 9.25"clutch T90A D18 (1.25") D44/30 flanged E-Locker D25 5.38 Since 1962
 Post Reply Post Reply