Forum Home Forum Home > CJ-2A Discussion Area > Research & History
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MAHL Jeep Loader for CJ2A

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2016 at 3:12am

'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
East Coast Willys Association
Ryan_M View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan. 2016 at 3:13am
'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan. 2016 at 11:21pm
I've heard from the Standard Iron and Wire Works crew.  They are trying to accommodate schedules and get an old employee to handle this presentation.  Stay Tuned, you may see this at an Ohio event, where they've been invited. You'll never see another and maybe I can be there..
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb. 2016 at 11:38pm
Ryan and I are trying to get the latest pix of The MAHL Willys Jeep Loader on here for all to see.  Stay tuned and look at that great license plate. 
'50 Jeepster, Two '55 Customs (Aero), '58 CJ3B, Willys Special Equipment, Literature, AL-TOY JEEPS
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb. 2016 at 11:01pm
OK, I'm going to try to post some new pix worked over by resizer.com.  Let's see what happens.  This Willys Special Equipment Authorized Accessory is being prepped for an appearance at an Ohio Willys only event this June.  I've heard from the Standard Iron and Wire Works crew and they are working out the details as I write this.  I'll not steal their thunder, so stay tuned.  As far as can be determined now, this is the only one of these left on the planet, restored from NY Junkyard scrap by the company that made it in 1947-1948, and displayed by retired SI&WW Employees. 
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2016 at 12:19am
Obviously that didn't work so let's hope Ryan can bail me out.
Ryan_M View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan_M Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2016 at 1:15am
Originally posted by Glennstin Glennstin wrote:

Obviously that didn't work so let's hope Ryan can bail me out.

Got ya' covered

'49 CJ3A
'51 CJ3A
'42 Willys MB-T
'47 Bantam T3-C
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2016 at 5:53am
THAT is one awesome snow shovel, lol... you cant tell me they havent at least THOUGHT about tryin it
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
birddog7 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birddog7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2016 at 1:50pm
Glennstin, WOW that is cool. That would have been easier to use than the pitch fork too clean out the cattle barn. Nice restoration . Thanks for sharing. Hope to see it in person some day.
Birddog
1945 CJ2A
1956 CJ3B
1946 CJ2A
1948 CJ2A
1948 CJ3A
1946 Bantam Trailer
Glennstin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glennstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb. 2016 at 3:27pm
With all the hydraulic items we have available today, only us really old farts can relate to the problems faced by Standard Iron and Wire Works Engineers designing this apparatus.  The operator could only raise the bucket when the clutch is engaged as the Willys Jeep did not have live PTO and the pump is rear mounted.  Just imagine what competition your local Jeep Dealer faced trying to sell this beside a John Deere B or Farmall  C with a front bucket option and live hydraulics. (No Live PTO though). Boy, how things changed quickly in the mechanical world right after WWII.  If you look at the close up of the dolly wheel setup, on the loader cross beam, you can somewhat see the DATA TAG which somehow survived.  Yes, this unit could handle  light Minnesota snow removal, but heavy applications would be out.  Ol' Jack, the NY Used Car Dealer, never used the bucket or the dolly wheels.  He had a homemade blade on the loader arms to plow his yard and could make some high snow banks with this gadget. 
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2022 at 12:00pm
1948 Willys CJ-2A w/MAHL Jeep LoaderOld thread but its the same fine CJ2A.  Not mine - it's on Bring a Trailer.  Gotta love the comments section on this one.
mbullism View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 4

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mbullism Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug. 2022 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Tom in RI Tom in RI wrote:

1948 Willys CJ-2A w/MAHL Jeep LoaderOld thread but its the same fine CJ2A.  Not mine - it's on Bring a Trailer.  Gotta love the comments section on this one.

Edited by mbullism - 24 Aug. 2022 at 12:27pm
Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it... Welcome to 1930's Germany
Oldpappy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldpappy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug. 2022 at 10:34am
That looks like the one I found for sale on the "bringatrailer" site.

If you can't get there in a Jeep you don't need to be there!
Tom in RI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom in RI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2022 at 8:31pm
The CJ2A and loader found a new home.  Pretty cool seeing it again and it got a lot of deserved attention.  Unique and ungodly heavy accessory.  
Joe Friday View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe Friday Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Aug. 2022 at 9:07pm
I convinced the museum I work for to bid, but we were not the winner.
At least it went for enough someone understood it's value.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123