Forum Home Forum Home > Clubs, Shows and Get together listings. > Shows and get togethers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mason Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering - Event Date: 21 Oct. 2018

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Mason Dixon Willys Jeep Gathering
    Posted: 18 Aug. 2018 at 11:37am
Just passing this info along.

The Mason Dixon event will be Sunday, 21 October 2018, I saw an update on their facebook page the other day. The website still shows last year's event, but I expect it will be updated soon.

On Saturday, 20 October there will be a Willys guided tour of the Gettysburg battlefield and lunch at the ABC brewery. So thst adds up to a fun weekend. I plan to go up Friday to Gettysburg with my CJ2A in tow. I'll get a hotel Friday and Saturday night. Sunday morning I'll head to Westminster MD for the show.

Anybody plan to go?
Steve
1948 CJ2A - It goes nowhere fast, but anywhere slow.
BGarth13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGarth13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2018 at 2:23pm
that is close to me so I plan on going...too bad the Jeep won’t be done to make it.  
Anyone been before?  Are there vendors and swap meet, or just the battlefield tour and show?
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2018 at 4:58pm
I went to the show last year. There is a nice swap meet of Willys parts as well as all the jeeps, wagon, pickups, FCs and other military vehicles. I had a great time.
BGarth13 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BGarth13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug. 2018 at 8:25pm
Fantastic!  It’s on my calendar!  
JeepFever View Drop Down
Sponsor Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JeepFever Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 5:56am
I have thought about doing this a couple times in the past,  but the timing did not work out.   I will have to put tentatively on calendar this year.  

Any idea what the battlefield tour entails?  We all drive to different points and a guide shares some history? 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Aug. 2018 at 11:17am
I don't know the tour details, other than meeting at the peace light. Since that is north west of town, and knowing the main loop of the battlefield is one-way, I'd assume the group will head south along Seminary Ridge (Confederate side), then loop back north along Little and Big Round Tops, Devils Den, Cemetery Ridge and the high water mark of Pickett's charge. There are a number of other sites too. I'm just guessing these would be the highlights. Lunch is at the ABC Brewery, which I happen to know has a wonderfull fall season beer called "Grinnin Grizzly". Smile  Dee Pierini, a local flat fenderer is Leading the tour.
Millennium falcon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 3:52am
Ill be there with my jeep and wife. Had a great time last year! 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 12:23pm
Originally posted by Millennium falcon Millennium falcon wrote:

Ill be there with my jeep and wife. Had a great time last year! 

Are you staying at the Three Crowns motor lodge?  I need to get a place for Friday and Saturday night.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 5:25pm
Yes a few of us from the central pa IFFC chapter are staying at the 3 crowns. 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 5:33pm
OK - I'll see if I can get in there too.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 5:44pm
call the office... the website says its booked

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 6:20pm
I just called the motel, I'm in for Friday and Saturday nights (Oct 19-20).  Looks like trailer parking will be tight.  Probably best on the street behind the motel, or behind the ABC brewery?

I've been to Gettysburg many times for reenactments and Remembrance Day, but will be my first time for jeepin'.  Big smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 7:23pm
Cool. yeah its a fun weekend. I have a feeling its going to be a much bigger turnout this year. 
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep. 2018 at 7:53pm
I'm looking forward to it.  I just hope it stays fairly dry.  All I have is a bikini top and a raincoat Big smile
jeepcj559 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeepcj559 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2018 at 11:33pm
Sounds like fun. I'll head up for the day.
ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Sep. 2018 at 11:54pm
The Willy show and swap meet on Sunday is great slso.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millennium falcon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2018 at 12:23am
Originally posted by ndnchf ndnchf wrote:

I'm looking forward to it.  I just hope it stays fairly dry.  All I have is a bikini top and a raincoat Big smile

Yeah I hope so too... My jeep only has a roof. Last year the weather was amazing. We put a hard top on my dads jeep because we though it could be pretty chilly and damp. IT ended up being in the high 70's and we sweated our balls off cruising around with the hard top and doors on all weekend. Fri-sunday was totally dry. It started to drizzle when we unloaded the jeep back at home sunday night. 

Here is my jeep with the top on. 

Here are some pictures with my dads jeep from last year. I hope you dont mind a photo dump! :) 

The food was great! 

ndnchf View Drop Down
Sponsor Member x 2

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ndnchf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep. 2018 at 1:08am
Great pics! You have more coverage than I with just a home made bikini. Last year I spent most of Sunday wandering around the show and swap drooling and learning. Can't wait to go back!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>